Blender 2.74 Fluid sim not working

Hey!
I’m playing around with the fluid simulator, but I’m having some serious problems when it comes to baking!
I have a cube filled with fluid but when I’m trying to bake nothing happens, the baking progress bar runs like normal but nothing is happening in the viewport.

I’ve removed doubles, recalculated normals, deleted the cache and changed around with the domain settings yet nothing works.

I’d appreciate some help!

Attachments

loading_bar_test.blend (569 KB)

Select a output directory for your fluid simulation files in the Domain settings http://www.blender.org/manual/physics/fluid/domain.html#bake-directory
For the obstacle, change it from a Volume to a Shell

Thanks for the help, It’s working now!

Thanks for the help, It’s working now!

Hello, noob here!
I recently started looking into fluid tutorials. Having a problem with baking also. It either takes for ever or then it loads in like half a minute and nothing happens. I tried loading Ragecodex’s “loading_bar_test.blend” file and made the changes Richard mentioned. It still wouldn’t bake his project for me…
Does it matter what the name is for output directory for fluid simulation and where it’s located?

Does it matter what the name is for output directory for fluid simulation and where it’s located?
Shouldn’t make any difference.
Baking can take a long time depending on the scene and fluid settings. You need to supply some demo file for further help as well as info such as blend er versions and your hardware specs

Well for example his demo, the .blend file in the first post.
I’ve tried to bake it now 3 times. It takes about 5-10 minutes to bake (loading bar stucks at the begining and won’t move untill the loading bar disappears when it’s ready). I can hear from the fans and CPU Usage that something is happening during baking so computer is definitely trying to process something. When the baking is done however, nothing happens.

Blender v 2.7.4

Intel i7-4790k
EVGA Geforce GTX 780
Kingston HyperX Fury, DDR3 1600MHz (4x4GB)
Crucial 256GB MX100 SSD