Train Sation WIP

So, after my other project failed (I’ll get back to it some time later) I started modeling a rural train station:

The material for the coal and the cars is mostly done. The modeling is mostly done, except I want to add a heap of small rocks under the tracks like they usually do. I think it would also look nice if I add a bit of trash on the floor, maybe a can?
Please help my with suggestions on how to improve!

edit:
new renders, beveld edges, worked on materials

Hey there. you’ve made a good start. the aged metal is getting there. I would suggest, however, that you model the station using separate parts. this way you can get more detail. think along the lines of “i’m going to model the curb”, focus on that, then move on to the next thing. It takes time but so do all art work.

Also, bevel some of those hard edges.

Good luck!

new render

A few comments I hope could be helpful.

• Consider proportions - if a figure existed in the scene, how big would a phone, handrails, footstep doorway, garbage can and railcars be to that person.
  • Try to vary things that aren’t meant to be copies (coal, rail cars, wheels). Vary like you have for the rail ties
  • Consider making geometry and texture belonging to same world. The rail ties and floor seem to exist in a much more fluid environment than the cars and the station.

Keep up the good work and keep getting better!

SB