Challenge #617 (17/4/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #617 for Friday 17th of April 2015 is: Ship

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 20th of April 2015.

Awesome feels like ages since I’ve done a hard surface entry! Also I haven’t tried water before, lots of water how hard can that be :slight_smile:

i guess this entry was inspiered by one of the featured arts. guess we will see a lot of “ship in a bottle” this time… im going for an old classic harbor.

Sounds like a good one!:slight_smile:

We need @JDaniels in this one.

Hello,
PURE entry: “Very little wooden toy ship sailing huge blue ocean on sunset”

WIP

100% pure entry
im going to wreck the ship in the background, and set it on fire. and ill add smoke to the main ship to show that it has been in battle.
ill see how much i can do, i have a lot of ideas on my to-do list.
this is what i got so far.

quickly and simple

Mine blatantly inspired buy Glebs insanely good steampunk post, obviously nowhere near as good :slight_smile: but I’ve been wanting to so a steampunk style render for a while. Cycles pure all procedural textures except hdr obviously.

“On a Mission”

Love it :slight_smile:

“The Red Dock”

Cycles. 500 samples. Wood texture from cgtextures.

Click image for higher res.

boldly going

From Shango 3D Works with love, our first entry: PartnerShip. Pure Blender.

fcharr, yes! Speed, 5 knots, en-gage.

Jesus, bienvenidos to the WECs!

dammit… dont know whats causing the problem. at first i thought it was blender cause it happened every time i was simulating fire… but it happens all the time now.

not joking, i’ve had over 50 bluescreens today… and i had to go to work yesterday. :frowning:

i had big plans for my entry -.-

either its my harddrive that is about to die, or its the OS…

Muchas gracias Photox. Let’s see how it goes, although yours looks really nice :slight_smile:

might just be something as simple as its overheating might tie in with the smoke sim running, could be something as simple as cleaning out, fingers crossed!

Here’s my pure entry. I approached the theme as a verb and not a noun so… tah-dah.

Get a can of compressed air and blow out your cpu fan.

Then get some isopropyl alcohol and q-tips and clean the blades.

When chips run over their temp they just stop, no warning, and a cpu is kind of like a heart and brain combined.

This weekend I finally found some time to throw a little noise, particles and polygons into blender and have cycles do some cooking :slight_smile:

Todays dish of the day: Fish ‘n’ Chips

Pure entry, cycles, procedural textures only
Good Night :slight_smile: