Drawing architecture from Sketchup

Hi,

I’m looking for someone to draw a building, that I have allready drawn in Sketchup Make. I’m studying for constructional engineering and as an assignment we need to make a project for the course ‘sustainable building’. The focus of the assignment is particulary on why the building is sustainable and not really on the design of it. But that’s what all the others will do, and I wanna get more out of it. That’s why I need someone to help me. I’m fairly new to blender and I can’t get the experience in time with the program to do it myself… So, that’s why I’m asking you. I would need a few renders of the building from different views (own computer is too slow to render well I think) so we can use them in a powerpoint presentation.
If you are interested to do this, please contact me for all the details. I’ll give you an explaination of what materials the buildings are, the particular things that need to be in it, etc.
I’m prepared to pay up to 20 euro if the result is what we need.

(I’ve seen a video of Andrew Price drawing a building in an hour??)

Do an image composite, schematic collage… Way faster & up to your preferences… Ain’t that supposed to be your job tomorrow :eyebrowlift2:
At least you’ll learn to be productive and appreciate work done.
Practice makes. . . Enjoy

Well actually I am to be an engineer, the one who does the calculations. The architect however does the drawing. That’s why the visuals of the building aren’t the core concern of the assignment but more the why of ‘why it is sustainable’. However, I wanna get more out of this assignment and deliver a nice result and not one from google sketchup :slight_smile:

Anyway, what is it that you suggest? Image composite and schematic collage, what does this involve?

P.S:I’m productive, just not in the things ‘out of my field of knowledge’, like drawing a nice rendered building.

hi,
i have tried to build this scene.
Thats the result.

i tried to build this scene.

The orientation this house is not good -
I think this would be better.

A wise man once said, if you can’t explain it in layman terms, you don’t understand it well enough.
Sustainable Building Schematic (example):
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/11/1f/111fd10767301dca314e4f8630d72237.jpg?itok=I9DRDV1a
More results >>>> HERE!
You don’t need realistic rendering for your assignment, just a clear explanation & a nice presentation.
Also for a value of 20€, won’t get you nothing to show of. That’s like an hour of basic technical service work.
Maybe one day you’ll understand the meaning of word ‘dumping’. Hope you don’t feel offended.
It’s just part of learning process, school.

@Burnin

Following your advice to do it all myself I’ve started drawing this building. I’ve spent the last 3-4 days drawing in a program I never used, but trial and error got me this far (added few things to sketchup drawing we wanted):

And as far as the ‘I’ll google it for you’ thing goes. I know what sustainable building is, the entire project is allready ‘conceived’. Just wanted to have a nice visual of a building. Explaination/presentation is there, just wanted to have some nice rendered pictures of the building… (Google schematic won’t suffice in university)
Actually I do feel a little offended, if everyone wanted to do everything themselves they would be way overloaded with what they had to do. That is what happend with me now, spending over 20hours drawing instead of working on more important tasks :slight_smile:

kind regards

Well, guess we misunderstood each other.

The focus of the assignment is particular on why the building is sustainable and not really on the design of it. But that’s what all the others will do, and I wanna get more out of it. That’s why I need someone to help me.

Vague description as have told you already.

Next time: share sketches, drawings of what & how you want to present… some references would be also great. Provide your sketchup file with instructions, camera positions, angles, materials… share work done to get it ‘over-the-top’… or understand professional renderings are too much for your practice, which range from 300€ - 1000€, easily. At least now you know how much this is worth!

“I want to stand out by having beautiful renderings” is nothing but a wish. And shouldn’t be offended for lack of knowledge, respect: you are learning. Again, you are in school, so stick to the plan & learn the value of others work too, one day to be Mr. Engineer.

Also you got matechbau showing you his work, get together, make some friends, learn to direct & you’ll understand how much a direction & time invested are worth. Because, again, your instructions to do work for 20€, have just made me smile.
Hope you learned a thing or two for free.

off

burnin…Nicely said. Hold prices guys!

@burnin

Vague? What’s in the header you think? Nothing that asks anything about someone making me a project around Sustainable building. It says, if you haven’t read yet, ‘drawing architecture from sketchup’ and that’s all I ever asked. I never asked for professional renders worth thousands of dollars, this is post is in the volunteer work section, right? What is volunteer work? It’s working for a free cause… Maybe I should google that for you… (From Wikipedia: 'Volunteering is generally considered an altruistic activity and is intended to promote goodness or improve human quality of life. In return, this activity can produce a feeling of self-worth and respect.)
Well I tried to play this nice, but you didn’t. Trying to teach me a lesson, well you haven’t. I did all the things the forum asked to post in the READ-FIRST seeking volunteers post. And if people were interested to help me out they could message me for more info about the construction, pictures, skechtchup file, used materials, etc. And you know, some did :wink:
Well I hope you don’t feel offend now Mr. Wiseguy :wink: But you didn’t help for a second, and go ahead reply whatever you want, I won’t be posting under this thread ever again.

Hi folks, moderator here. :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I suggest that these discussions (as well as any work) take place via PM or email. These threads are for announcing jobs and, to a limited degree, asking about details. Most communication about a project, however, should take place outside of the thread.