ATI HD5750 GPU compute still crashing

Hi to everyne,

as written in another thread I tried using my GFX card for GPU compute in Blender (2.72 and 2.74) so set this:

set cycles_opencl_test=all

after that start Blender, open settings and find my Juniper device so choose it. Load a scene a change the computing device to GPU (Juniper). In console there was a message that kernels are computed but after few minutes the Blender force-closes and all is gone…

Does anyone else haveing this issue with HD5750 or some other ATI card?

Really dunno how to solve this and any help is very appreciated!

Sincerely, JayM

Hello.
Have you tried this DingTo build for win 64bits?
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254521-A-good-news-for-AMD-ATI-Graphic-cards-owners&p=2850412&viewfull=1#post2850412

Please note this AMD patch is very new and you probably still have problems. And I’m not sure if your card will be supported. For more news you keep in touch with the previous thread

THX YAFU I will try it. Btw … what previous thread U mean?

PS: Tested and NOT working at all with CL_INVALID_KERNEL message … sadly

But still THX for the idea mate!

Sincerely, JayM

The thread related to the link I gave you before: “A good news for AMD/ATI Graphic cards owners”
You report in this thread those errors that you are having.

Ouch, yep, sorry … did NOT understand before :wink:

Hi JayM, I fear the card is to old.
The new kernel split work for Cycles need OpenCL™ 1.2 and your card support only 1.0.
You need at least AMD HD 7000 series or any Nvidia card.

Cheers, mib

OK, this might be true but there were some users with HD5750 whom used GPU rendering without problem so why I can NOT? Or is there a posibility that older Blender versions support these cards and newer not?

JayM

Or is there a posibility that older Blender versions support these cards and newer not?

Yes, every new release the Cycles kernel goes bigger and bigger and AMD compiler cant handle it.
Therefor 3 AMD developer work on split the kernel in called mirco kernels but this need OpenCL 1.2 or later even 2.0.
Try 2.71/72, may it work with your cards and latest beta driver.

Cheers, mib

OK, this might be true but there were some users with HD5750 whom used GPU rendering without problem so why I can NOT? Or there is a posibility that older Blender versions support these cards and newer not?

JayM