The Old Observatory

Hello everybody,

This is my little Old Observatory which I finished before few days ago, and I would like to share with you now.
I was inspired by Nature again, the moment of leaving our busy and cloudy daily environment (world) for a while.
Have you imagine a place where you can feel this freedom of forms of air of light? Just by observing and discovering the happening … Actually this place could be everywhere. Well, I found it here. Up to the Sky…

Soft: Blender 3d, Cycles Render Engine, Photoshop

That is cool :smiley:

Very nice, I like the soft feeling of the mossy ground.

I think the observatory in itself lack some details, it looks to much like a lowpoly model in my taste, edges seems too sharp for a building surrounded by nature for such a long time.

But still very nice indeed.

Wow, very nice! I really like the soft look. :slight_smile: I also love all the greenery.

NID Graphics >> Thanks! :slight_smile: I’m glad you like it!

kevar >> Thank you for the comment. Well, at the beginning I’ve planed to create a wooden structure close to real natural looking :), but after a while, looking and analyzing the old style architecture like: Brutal buildings - the old architecture of Eastern Europe (row edges, heavy looking and feeling structures… concreted beasts) I’ve decided to make something different, like the one now starting from low poly isosphere. :rolleyes:

ShadowCamero>> Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Cheers

It took me few days to start and finish this project as time. But I’ve been experimenting a lot before that because I had the idea in my mind. For me was important to achieve and implement cycles into my daily workflow. It is a pretty powerful render engine, and I love it! :smiley:

Attachments

i like it. has a dreamy, myst like feel to it, yet being a different design. great work. 5 stars well earned :slight_smile:

Really nice to hear it from you Doris! Thank you, I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Really beautifull.

Thank you warnotte! :slight_smile: You have done some cool experiments man!

Wonderful, I love the concept, and the execution is excellent, great job!

Thank you CloudyTuesdays :slight_smile:

Overally I like the composition a lot. Also the mood is good.

Here are some things that should be improved: Tree leaves on the foreground. Add more detail to obvervatory itself / design it to be more intresting and aestichally pleasing. Fix the scale of the human, now it feels odd that he is so big even if he is so far away, check scale vs the door of observatorium.

Anyway good job! Love how you guide eye to that mountaing using that ledge :slight_smile:

I think it’s a good image now. Any details you add now will probably just add to the awesome image. How did you go about making the rocks?

great scene Ivalo, I like much the enviroment, that remember me a little to Shadow of Collosus

Hey jjjuho, Thank you fro your appreciation and suggestions! Well I’ve decided to go into this way, because of my mood like you can see in my first and second comment. Very soon I’m planning to update with more renders! :slight_smile:

@GambitGamer

This is for you man, :slight_smile: hope is making sense. If not let me know! :slight_smile:

joseperez :slight_smile:
Interesting association, well I never have heard about it.
Thank you!

Thanks man! Helped a lot.

Ok, I’m glad to hear that. If I have more time I will make complete tutorial how this could be achieved, anyway I think there are many people who makes wonderful tutorials on this topic - green environments, combining all of them as knowledge you may rich more good than this one! Good luck :slight_smile:

Holy wow this is amazing…nice work. Love it see it from the other side too if possible