Looking for a Mentor

Hello, everyone! My name is Nova and i’m pretty new to Blender. The biggest roadblock i’ve run into is that i know how to do absolutely nothing! I have been fooling around with it for a few weeks and i’ve tried to watch a couple tutorials on, but i really don’t know enough to make anything serious. I don’t do well with tutorials, i have problems with them. More often than not, they are made with an older version of the software which some of the features are missing or moved, the layout is way different and you can’t find anything they tell you to find, and if you run into a problem or something doesn’t work how it’s described, you usually can’t get in touch with the creator to ask what was wrong. This is why i’d like a mentor or a teacher! Someone who can walk me through what to do step by step, someone who can explain to me what the different functions do, and someone i can ask for advice when something goes wrong!

What i want to do eventually is get into game design, make 3D music videos, and just all around make silly animations

I really hope someone is willing to help me!

(i hope this doesn’t double post. the first one isn’t showing up anywhere)

Well, you can see Blender Guru and Blender Diplom tutorials, they are so good and well explained, but you should explain exactly what do you want. However, I started with Blender 3 years ago, if you want some tips I can help you. Sorry for my english

AzureNova, where are you located? There could be some blender meetup groups in your area.

Southwest PA, about an hour south of pittsburgh. If anyone would be willing to mentor me, my skype is dragonproto

Blender has meetups?! GASP!

Where? when?

Are there any in the western US?

There are a couple in California if you’re in the area. I just went to my first one over a month ago, I found it fun and informative!

AzureNova,

you could also try irc chat. On irc.freenode.net there are some Blender related channels where you can get live help from other users. We have channels #blender and #blenderchat for general help.

Welcome to Blender! :slight_smile: