Realistic Dragon Skin

I need realistic dragon skin for a dragon model I have. I will pay $50 for this. Since this is the main character in my video its very important that it has very real looking skin. Something like the dragon Smaug from the movie: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug or realistic looking reptile skin that doesn’t look computer animated. Send me a picture of what the dragon skin will look on a model, so I know its good enough to use. I’ll choose the one with most realistic looking skin. I’ll send you the dragon model, you send me a picture of the model with the materials on it and I’ll send you the money by Paypal.

seeing as dragons are not real

how yould one go about making real dragon skin?

If you want something on the quality of Smaug done for 50 dollars, keep dreaming, those big movie creatures take weeks at the least to make in terms of meticulous texture/displacement work and shading work.

Smaug has more than 100,000 scales sculpted into him for starters, that alone would take a while.

(to note), how hard it would be to get the basic shading done would depend on whether the person in question already has a setup for skin, but it would still need texture work and still cost more than 50).

PM was sent.

I’d just like to point out that in your current payment setup only 1 person gets paid. That could mean if 6 people spent time creating a dragon skin shader 5 people go unpaid for their work. I think it would be far better, and fairer, to ask for people’s portfolio’s, select the person who does the best work, and pay them to do the shader for you. That would mean that no one will be wasting their time when they find out they weren’t the one selected to be paid.

That’s aside from the fact that setting a fixed price for this work automatically caps the quality of work you are likely to receive. Describe the project (as you have) and ask for quotes.

As the description in the OP is more of a contest-like arrangement, it qualifies as deferred pay, so I’ve moved it from Paid Work to Volunteer Work.