Free file hosting?

I need a free way to host zip files so that I can share them here. I need something that can host file that are 100mb+. I searched google, but it’s very difficult to sift through all the advertizements and crappy sites.

www.mediafire.com

Their free tier allows files up to 200 megabytes and a total space of 10 gigs. It should be a good choice unless you need to upload say, one hundred of those large files.

No doubt, MegaSync, 50 Gigas free, autosync your selected folders and much more, forget dropbox and other ancient systems.

if you have a gmail account , then you already have 15 gig of free space on your G-drive .

I like to use www.copy.com their free account starts out at 15GB with no maximum file size limit. I like it because you can use direct links to stored files, no intermediary page just click and download. You and I would receive an extra 5GB of free storage if you use this referral link: https://copy.com?r=B17Sbg

Using direct links isn’t advertised I don’t think, to do it you just add /filename.extention to the provided public link when making the file public.

P.S. I don’t really need the extra 5GB myself, but it might come in handy for you.

Came here to +1 MegaSync. Definitely my fave.

I’m not sure if I would trust anything run by Kim Dotcom at this moment (because of how he used his original file hosting site as a massive piracy business that actually gave rewards to those to aided in that).

If there’s piracy in any form on that site, then I wouldn’t even entertain this option, you would want a hosting website that actively follows the law in terms of copyright.

If there’s piracy in any form on that site, then I wouldn’t even entertain this option

there is "piracy " on EVERY AND ALL SITES !!!
if you use the legacy content industry definitions then EVER BLENDER ARTISTS is infringing

what is LEGAL!!! in one country might not be in a different one

and one use of the SAME media might be “fair use” while a DIFFERENT use of the SAME file might not be

I really don’t know about MegaSync, but I can say that it’s a business and if Kim Dotcom offers benefits for piracy it’s probably, though not definitely, a business strategy rather than some form of explicit personal support for piracy. Pirates are potential customers like any other, offering them a safe haven just means that they are a target audience, a means for Kim Dotcom to round up financial support for MegaSync.

Microsoft has been offering under the table support to software pirates too and here it has little to do with ideological similarities, probably obvious, but using pirates as a business strategy. Microsoft has been allowing a certain amount of piracy of its software and apparently will be including support for certain file types that are typically used by pirates, .mkv for instance. Really what’s happening here is that Microsoft is trying to turn a negative into a positive. Software pirates running Windows pirate Windows software and create software that runs on Windows. Others download this content for free and if they want to run it they need Windows.

Moreover, as we can see with many of the new Windows Apps, Microsoft is taking a page from Google’s play-book by including advertisements. More people using Windows, pirated or not, more people seeing and clicking those ads which translates to mo-money.

Content creators who sell their works probably aren’t terribly big fans of piracy, but for many businesses piracy is more beneficial than not and is therefore likely to continue receiving this type of support. Piracy isn’t going anywhere, it’s big business.

Only the more responsible sites have a way to allow users to flag pirated content so they can be deleted, it’s whether some of the site owners care about fighting piracy on their servers.

The widespread support of such practices is precisely why stuff like DRM is all but a necessity in today’s world. If you’re losing over 90 percent of all potential income to pirates, how can you even stay in business, would it be okay if that happened to you?

I could go on, but that’s a different subject.

Mediafire is infamous for hosting pirated content too. Any site that allows users to upload files, is going to have files that violate copyright. As long as they follow DMCA takedown requests they’re following the law.