Coffe cup - would love to hear what to improve.

Hey guys! I’ve been working on my coffee scene. I would like to hear from You what things can be improved in Your opinion?

Looking real good! Take a look at the scaling of the beans vs. the coffee cup. Cup seems too small, to me. Also, a glossiness or shininess to the coffee cup may be nice. Maybe a bump map and a subtle grunge texture to cup to make the material really pop.

Thanks!, Wow I just realized that those coffee beans are gigantic! compared to the cup :slight_smile: Sending another version.

Looks very good!

I’d add a bit more glossiness to the cup and maybe a bit foam/ a nice reflection to the coffee.
But it looks really good so far, great lighting!

The hot coffee have foam, it can have a different texture, and emulates much more realistic steam. This cup of coffee is like from another picture. Just for information

Thank You Guys for Your advises. You’re absolutely right about that foam, sending another version with foam on top of the coffee.

Your depth of field draws the viewer to the coffee beans rather than the cup itself, which are actually very good looking. The lighting and particles are very cool too. However, if the cup isnt the focal element it should be decentralized, right now the cup and beans are sort of competing for importance in the scene. Maybe work that part out, making one element more central than the other.

Zombiology - Thank You for pointing that out. My idea was to bring attention to the coffee beans, I moved the cup a little bit and increased DOF. BTW - anyone tried to create coffee foam in Blender? I tried few things like rigid body physics with random size spheres, particles and metaball, but so far texturing worked best.