Removing the "spin" elements without removing the main element

Hi guys,
So I used the “spin” function and made myself a lovely circular pattern. Then I decided I don’t really like it. Well, I can’t “undo” it because I already played around with the model since. I tried deleting it, but if I do that then it deletes the main model as well. I don’t want to delete the main model, just to cancel the “spin” it has.

How do I do that?

Would be nice to actually see what the situation is. Spin tool can do extrusions around set points and also duplicate. Sounds like it’s an extrusion though, so getting back to the original is a selection issue.

Could for example select the part that the spin started from, split that part from the rest of the spun geometry, select the extra with select linked and delete.
For a larger portion could use split (Y) or just separate edges with rip (V). Ctrl+L to select all linked to those already selected, or hover mouse cursor over and press L to select everything linked to mesh element under the cursor.

Could for example select the part that the spin started from, split that part from the rest of the spun geometry, select the extra with select linked and delete.

This is the way I’ve done it, but I’ve since learned it’s even better to save a copy of the starting object to another layer before doing the spin. No problem then in deleting the entire “bad” spin object and trying again :slight_smile:

another way would be to use the screw modifier !
easy to edit and see result!

happy bl