(IDEA FOR GAME) title "Dead Block"

Hi there, i was thinking “why not make a minecraft style game whith guns and zimbies”
and is really to make also nothing to difficult, like sandbox and multiplayer… what u think?

Why would you want to create a minecraft clone? There are already hundreds out there… (im sorry if this sounds rude, its not intended to be. Im genuinely curious.)

to make also nothing to difficult, like sandbox and multiplayer.

Oooohhhhh… Minecraft, multiplayer, and sandbox don’t belong in the same sentence as “nothing to difficult”

Yes, those are difficult games to make in general. Also, a Minecraft-style game with guns and zombies exists already in multiple forms, to my knowledge. If you want to successfully pursue such a route, you’ll need to make it different from the usual stuff (i.e. try something other than guns or zombies).

You might want to create something far, far simpler and focus on making it fun and polishing it until it shines. From that point, continue with other projects and hone your skills.

I don’t know if I would personally ever pursue a Minecraft-style game, as it appears to be a difficult to produce genre that is fairly saturated with a lot of projects (and projects that tend to just do the same kind of thing).

The BGE isn’t really tuned for Minecraft-styled games as it doesn’t handle voxels, and there’s no way to merge meshes to optimize draw calls. It’s possible if you keep the draw distance low and the game simple, I suppose.

its not a minecraft clone, just cuz is made whith cubic characters dosnt mean its a minecraft clone lol, i was thinking in that but just that in a city whith zombies, not a sword and a shitty combat animations… the less i want is make a clone of that, lol

lol yeah. When we published our cube game I had never even played minecraft.
Yet so much feedback was “looks like minecraft”
The textures were just random pictures from google images.

Ah man !!! Bra !!!

I will still make the game, but i am not planning a clone of minecraft, i am just saying that is minecraft style cause is cube based… not cause textures are like minecraft or something… i will just keep and see what happends, case this is wat i want to do hehe