Bone Over Rotates Mesh

Hi, when I rotate a particular bone in my armature it rotates the mesh about twice as much it should. I think I might have accidentally parented the bone to something twice if that is even possible. But, when I look at the parenting, it just has one name (another bone) and if I delete it and re-parent it, its back to bad again. Any help would be so great. Thanks. I am using Blender 2.6 if that matters.

Select the mesh object and look to the modifier properties panel, you will probably find 2 armature modifiers on the mesh object. Remove one of them and it should work. If this isn’t the fix, then you’ll need to post the .blend file so someone can look at it.

If this was the problem, here’s how it happened: If you parent the mesh to an armature and select an ‘armature deform’ option in the pop up, blender will add an armature modifier to the mesh object. Now if you clear the mesh from being a child of the armature blender won’t remove the armature modifier. If you re-parent the mesh to the armature as you did before, blender will add another armature modifier. Boom, now you got 2 armature modifiers.

I am using Blender 2.6 if that matters.

I think this behavior has been fixed in more recent versions of blender…

Randy

Thanks! There was only one modifier but I messed around with it and when I uncheck vertex groups it works fine. I do thank you sir.