GPU rendering and weird DISC usage

I have a weird problem here. Everytime I try to render a little animation I made for testing (a 100 frames of cell fractured box falling), the task “system” starts using 100% of disc. I have no ideia what to do, no ideia what is causing this. It only happens when I start rendering the animation in blender, no exceptions.

If I let it render more than 7 frames, blender starts to slow down when saving the output image, and then my pc crashes if I don’t stop the process.

And the most interesting thing is that it only happens when I render with GPU.
My video card is a GTX-760 2gb, blender 2,74, windows 8.0 (im too lazy to update :RocknRoll:).

Any ideas whats happening ?
Thanks

Hi, is it may possible you have BVH caching activated?
It writes huge files on disk and is mostly useless since BVH building is mukti threaded.
If possible upload the .blend to test from other user, maybe a bug.
Please add your system specs.

Cheers, mib

Hey. Sorry for the delay to answer.
BVH cache is off. My specs:
windows 8.0 64bits
i5-750 8gb
GTX-760 2gb
my hd is a Seagate ST3100524AS 1TB

thanks

I made some tests with different blender versions, and I just realised that this glitch doesn’t happen when I render with blender 2.70. So I guess this is a bug or something. In all tests I created new files, so the problem is not in the .blend files but somewhere else. Am I missing something ?

No idea, it seams you are the only user with this problem or nobody realised it.
Can you upload such a test file?
You can try to open Blender in a CMD (terminal) with blender.exe -d
It may give you some useful information.

Cheers, mib
Upload .blends > http://www.pasteall.org/blend/

It (the .blend) was made in blender 2.74, and I opened it in blender 2.70. It warned that I’ve lost some data, but it seems nothing so important. The thing is that its not eating my disc anymore (when rendered in 2.70), but if I go back to 2.74 and start a GPU render, “System” starts using 500mb of disc :eek:. This applies to ANY .blend file I open in 2.74. I will probably make a video and post here.
Like I said, I made 3 different .blend files in each blender version. This one was made in 2.70:Render test 2.blend (490 KB)
I just can’t attach the others, dunno why.

Thanks