An Experiment

I’ve tried to reveal the information contained in the scan taken with a Structure Sensor. It is just an experiment. You can see an initial scan in white.

This is a real person, of course. And a few may recognize who he is

good experiment. and it clearly shows how important the “blobby” white stage is! this stage is, when you start a sculpt from a cube, the stage where you fix the proportions and important angles. likeness happens here, and not later. once these proportions and angles are correct, one can sculpt with confidence. so, i think your expereiment shows how valuable it is for learning to sculpt realistic heads to start from a scan. well done.
i was thinking it is ton rosendaal…

Doris, you are so cute and smart! This is unbelievable!

You know what I learned from this experiment? Exactly what you’ve said! Proportions, these are the main. Details are secondary.

But you are wrong. This is not ton. This is TON ROOSENTAALL!

I bet there is only one man in the universe, who can spell his name correctly, and it’s not me…

cute, yes i hope :wink: … smart,hmm hmm, it is just what i teach in my sculpt cookie (and blender cookie) tutorials. i really enjoyed seeing that you discovered it through the rough scan and shared this important observation here :slight_smile: … ah, i forgot an o in his name, bad me…according to wikipedia his name is written “Ton Roosendaal”, but maybe we should ask him :wink:

Great idea, Doris! Let’s do it now!

Dear Ton!

it’s a Friday night here in Europe, so the question may be as difficult for you to answer as for us to comprehend, but still:
What is a correct spelling of your last name?

Needless to say that we are big fans of Blender and we admire your work as a President of it.