Challenge #616 (10/4/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #616 for Friday 10th of April 2015 is: Trolls

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 13th of April 2015.

* Oh, big thanks to Photox for giving me the choice of topic this week :wink:

No one said which type of troll, so I went with the one that I know best.XD

That’s my (failed )attempt at recreating the troll face in 3D.:stuck_out_tongue:

this is perhaps unconventional, but since I may not have time to do this, this weekend, but already started, I decided to provide the sculpting base that I made, in case anyone wants to utilize it:
troll2.blend (521 KB)

Modron, you have to do one this week. I am so looking forward to see a 3d version of your troll sketches.

Thanks. I am going to try, but I am kind of busy this weekend. Hopefully I’ll have enough time.

I keep saying to myself I’ll skip a week to concentrate on the little animation I’m working on but every week I get sucked in and can’t resist :), still def getting quicker at sculpting now!

Weekend challenges are like the mafia, just when you think you’re out and “they pull you back in” :RocknRoll:

all right i might be back in this, got done with the blender guru comp and have the weekend off.
Trolls??:eek:
you guys have been making really good renders i might not be able to compete with you but still going to try.:smiley:

It’s fun, trust me.:evilgrin:

Hmmm. The theme looks fun.

Everyone loves a nice troll. I’ve been learning re-topo so I’m going to put those new skills to the test. Good luck all.

“Green Troll”

Ok, started out using a “John Bauer” reference but after a while the troll got a life of it’s own and the final result is really far from the reference image and with a more personal touch. Will be really fun to see all the other trolls out there that will find it’s way in here.

This troll apparently likes the day time, but I know that very few does. If I had the time I would have put him in a dark forest :).

Pure entry (ok, used the gold material from last week’s entry… but that’s all) , about 500 samples.

That looks really good :slight_smile: I think we are going to have some fun entries this week!

Gonna be busy this weekend so some quick sculpt concepting in blender whilst using abit of reference from 1 of modron’s sketches (which are pretty nice btw) “awsome work on those modron”.
Sculpted, posed, vert painted then rendered using screenshot render (openGL) with some matcaps and a bit of comp + background painting in photoshop.

Razzielle commonly known as “Raz” from the ragetantum tribe of trolls. Even though small in stature there tribe name say’s it all, easily tempered and hot-headed.
They are also known to be very light minded when it comes to organisation but make up for that in the shear force in numbers and strength.
Raz on the other hand loathes this nature and longs for something else? Tired of his fellow tribe and there opinions upon him he has decieded to venture afar, leaving his home-caves and tribe trolls in search of greater things but first he must make his way through the dark and deadly forest, full of wild beast’s and treacherous terrain…what fate awaits this curious troll…??

@KennyW Your attachment is broken, can’t view it.:confused:

fixed (i think)

thanks, man. I am honored! your attachment isn’t working btw.
(edit) I see it now awesome!

cheers and keep up those awsome sketches

Here is my non-competing entry:

The Good Troll

As usual, pure Blender internal.

RobertT

Non competing.

Cycles.

The Bad Troll