VR Company Looking for Talented 3D Animators !!!

Hi all, I work for HoneyVR, a virtual-reality content distributor which is looking for talented CG artists to create pre-rendered VR content. We are looking to acquire short pre-rendered (90s - 3mins) animated content which is VR-ready, which basically means rendered as a 360-degree spherical MPEG-4 (2:1 aspect ratio, equirectangular rendering). We’re looking for short films but also what we call short ‘experiences’ – think short, immersive VR experiences like guiding the user through a high-res galaxy, tagging along with a frog in a rainforest, etc.

We pay $2000 per short film and $500 per “experience”, plus a royalty of $.01 CPV ($.01 every time your piece is viewed). You can do the work at your own pace and generate good side income, and VR is flat out the most fun medium you will ever design for if you are a 3D artist! :slight_smile:

Check out our Program Guidelines here for detailed info on the program and I hope to be working with some of you guys soon !

http://www.honeyvr.com/HoneyVRProductGuidelines.pdf

This sounds sort of interesting, If at all possible could you provide some more information? (through PM or posting here, doesn’t matter)

Really the sort of things I’m interested in knowing would be:
What sort of animations do you want? What styles?
How will the CPV be handled? (through paypal once a certain threshold is reached or what?)
What sort of terms would I be under?
Do the animations need sound? If so, would that be provided as needed or is that to be provided by the animator?
Are these supposed to be completely static content or will there be user interactivity?
Anything else that might be good to know (general additional info about what the terms are, if applicable)?

Most of my questions are really just clarifications of various points in the pdf.
“HoneyVR produces a professional 6 Channel, 5.1 Surround audio track for your work in orderto enhance it for VR, at no cost to you.”, I assume this means I don’t have to worry at all about audio (say, if I make a scene of busy traffic you’ll just take care of all the traffic sound and whatnot, yes?)

“​: We have found that usually it’s not enough to simply be beautiful andrealistic – in order to create a truly memorable VR experience for the viewer, we highly recommend using someelements of surprise and thrill.”
I keep seeing the keyword realistic in the pdf, does that mean you only accept photo realistic content or is NPR (non-photo realistic) content also fine?

I can’t think of anything else in particular but really any other info that might be useful would be appreciated.

Interesting, I’m planning to create a 3D short film for VR in the next months, I might contact you later on. Good luck with the company, VR is the future :slight_smile:

What if someones heart fails or gets insane, crazy and does something unintended & dangerous… is it authors-creators responsibility to stay in the realm of ‘calmness’ with small ‘intrusions’? Must it be prevented? Are disturbing experiences allowed?
Able to be worse than heaven or hell, depending on users previous experiences… Strange Days are coming.

From the description, this qualifies as deferred pay or spec work, so I’ve moved it to the Volunteer Work forum.

If you feel that this is in error, please send me a PM.

I didn’t find this format included in Blender’s list of output formats. Do you have a place where we can find out more about preparing content for this output format? I’ve done some QTVR, but that was a static image.

Are there converters available?

Set camera to Panoramic -> Equirectangular. Set resolution to 2:1 (i.e. 2160x1080). Output as MP4.

Thank you, DKesserich.

I notice that you have to be in Cycles Render to get the Equirectangular setting.

This looks interesting . . . I might look into it. One has to be cautious with things like this, it could easily be a scam.

Hey you guys posted on freelancer.com look me up on there I am AmberPixel21 please hire me, add me to the list.