Exporting a Scene

Hi, everybody. I am currently working on a project in Blender. Soon, I will need to export my scene from Blender 2.72 to Daz 3D 4.6. Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

in case you dont get any more detailed answers, here is what i know. keep in mind that i have never exported a scene from blender to any other platform, i’ve only dealt with exporting objects, witch is what i would recomend you to try out. go to Daz 3D, and find a way to import .OBJ files. this should be available under “File” in the top left corner, but keep in mind that i’ve never even seen daz3d so i dont know the software…

however, once you find out how to import .obj files, go back into blender, and hit file, then export. select the OBJ format, and save it anywhere you want. then go back into daz3d and click import, and locate the same file. this should work.

keep in mind that if you get other suggestions, try to look into their method first, as i think there are better ways of doing this.

Thanks, I will try it!

Yes, .obj is the standard method - DS even has a Blender import scale - use that.

Be very sure that your model does not have n-gons, which DS and Poser can’t read correctly, or long thin tri’s converging, which cause render artifacts.

Thanks :slight_smile: I did not export my scene yet, so I am sure that this will be a big help!

One thing I forgot to mention - DS imports an .obj as a single entity. If you have several objects in your scene that need to be kept separate, you will have to export and import each as a separate .obj. For instance - if you have a building with doors that need to be opened, you will either have to rig the doors in DS for opening, or export them separately from the building.

Make sure the base of your scene is on the Blender floor grid to have it export into DS in the correct place, or you may have to search for it :slight_smile: