Render of moon

It’s a render of the moon. The texture was a picture of a moon I found on google images and the world background was made with inbuilt blender textures. It was lit with a sun lamp and a small amount of ambient occlusion. Would appreciate feedback!

Did you do anything else to the texture of the moon? It seems kind of bare. I can’t really put my finger on it, but it just looks like a 2d texture tossed on a sphere. Certain parts are reflecting to much light (domes on top) and most of it doesn’t ‘pop’ enough. Not sure if I explained it well enough, but I hope this helped you out!

This is a good start Chickenator. I think the normal mapping/displacement is too strong, to look like that from space the mountains would have to be ridiculously large. The other thing would be a very small amount of light on the dark sight so that it isn’t a black hole in your image. But good start :).

I probably should of added some bump/normal maps etc. Thanks for the feedback!

I had some ambient occlusion to up the brightness on the dark side but I guess I need to make it a bit stronger

I don’t now if it’s right but at the image, it looks as your depht of field isn’t really focused at the moon which is blurred. The stars are in focus.