3D Model Maker shameless plug

Hello, I thought I’d shamelessly plug my new 3D modelling software 3D Model Maker available on the Windows 8 App Store and Android Store currently.

It is a very simple 3DS Mesh editor which you can use to create 3D objects on your tablet. It’s not trying to compete with Blender. Just a bit of fun really. But it will get more advanced as time goes on.

Tip: You can download the Windows 8 version free if you want to try it out! Thanks. Feedback/criticism welcome!

Eh, I doubt people are going to want to pay for it to be quite honest. This is something you should probably be uploading to github and allowing others to see the source code or something. You will get more critique and help with it. Plus hardly anyone uses Windows 8 to be honest >.>

I know. There’s only 100 million Windows 8 users. :wink: Hardly worth bothering. :smiley:

Plug away. Looks interesting. Android too? Cool.

hey, looks nice. (one of those none-existant windows 8 users here)
Will test a bit longer before considering the massive investment. :slight_smile:
Been looking for a touch-friendly poly-modeler for surface pro for a while…
thanks for posting.

Interesting but as others said, will probably stick to more proven capability, open source software for now…I wonder what some examples might be? :wink:

What kinds of files does it output?

If he wants to charge for it, well, it’s his program so he can do what he wants. It’s his loss if the app. fails.

Looks to me like you’ll be facing some headwinds from a more fully developed 3D application that is already in the store and also offers a render engine (I forget the name but it had a sizable thread on this board). The market is by no means saturated as of yet, but you might have difficulty finding a large audience as there’s few 3D artists currently using their mobiles to mode.