Why NLA editor doesn't interpolate actions?

Hello everyone. Some time ago I used for the first time NLA editor and it interpolated the actions correctly. Actually, I’m using it again and I don’t understand why it doesn’t work :eek:. I have been watching this tutorial step by step, and this is just the moment that he mix 2 actions:

[video]https://youtu.be/zDOFg2spySg?t=1236[/video]

and I don’t understand why in my project it doesn’t work. I’m using blender 2.74 and I have tried to do it in older versions too.

In the strip properties have you enabled the ‘Auto Blend In/Out’ tickbox or set the number of frames to blend ? http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Animation/Editors/NLA#Active_Strip

Exactly. If you look very closely at the screen-shots in the tutorials, you will notice that there is a diagonal line cutting across the width of the various overlapping strips. On the tail of the strip that is “ending,” this line starts at the point of overlap and slopes down to the end of the strip, indicating an “ease-out.” Meanwhile, on the head of the strip that is “beginning,” a diagonal of the same length slopes up, indicating an “ease-in” of identical duration.

Thus, during the section of transition between the two strips, the influence of one strip (the one that’s ending) smoothly declines to nothing, as the influence of the one that’s starting increases from nothing. Ergo, a seamless transition between the two.

“The mere overlapping of two or more strips in the timeline” does not, by itself, indicate this. (Well, of course, that’s what “auto-blend in/out” does specify that Blender is to do, but once again you have to specify it.)

Incidentally: I rarely use “auto.” Very interesting and realistic effects can be achieved by letting one strip start to “ease in” slightly before the other strip starts to “ease out.” (Not-so-much if you try to “ease-out” before another strip takes over, because what will happen in that case is the object briefly tends toward its default-pose in the absence of other influences.)

Ok, I didn’t enable that option. I didn’t know that it was there Thanks :slight_smile: