Mikrowellen Eiscreme: Testtitle steeple

Hi everybody,

here I want to present my first attempt for CGI-character-creation and animation.
Several times I tried to start but always stopped at a different points of development – most of the time I lost interest in my own chracter designs…or ended up in a modelling dead end with the work in blender…but this time I was patient and pushed it (it’s far from beeing good but in some aspects I can proudly say it’s becoming more and more the project I had in mind…)

I always wanted to make my own animated shorts and so I started to think of a naked red fairy like creature and a soft-body bird thing with nerdy glasses! End of the concept.

Because I can play some chords on the ukulele, I decided to include some kind of a music aspect to the more or less plotless concept so far.

For me it’s a learning and testing project to check what can I achieve with blender and other programms. Nevertheless I really want this to be improved step by step and would be very glad to get some helful feadback and maybe some support.

First issue to focus fort he next level of improvement:
She needs a genuine voice! – is there somebody out there (or somebody knews somebody) who wants to speak in some lines for her – that would be awsome!

First short glitchy test animations:

I really hope nobody is offended by the displayed nudity – SHE is only nude because it’s a special form of animation display: showing nudity with no (real) sexual content following in the storyplot.
It would be far fetched to call it artistic, but it’s more like I think it’s a bit of a funny and new constellation having a nude character with a awkward unhuman bodydesign without adressing it.

Who am I kidding – it’s just my very own twisted fetish…

Attachments

and a few more test renders and stills:

Attachments

Hahahaha. Looks good, its a kinky devil hahahaha very erotic. :smiley: i see well but maybe the fingers. looks like theres no bones inside…

awesome! everything about this new and original

@kimihiro111
Thanks you so much for pointing out that it has a original touch - far from being good in animation, timing and or sound editing at least I can say it has something unique to it - at least something

@sergiosan00709
Thanks for the feedback: yeah the rig has really some flaws especially the arms and hands part are not really good and the bone constraints are sometimes seems to create some kind of unpredictable movement errors and twisted mesh deformations - maybe I am going to improve at least the weighting system for the fingers and hands to make them look a bit better - but on the other hand the fact that her feet and hands look really a bit off leads to the intended inhuman bizarro anatomy style I wanted to create with her character in the first place (it’s still a very cartoony character and it is wanted to be goofy and strange - haw… sounds like I am excusing the anatomy flaws in my model with the fact that I wanted it to be distorted - very cheap -.-)

And no she’s not a devil or demon or something like that - and her head attachments are ears and no horns…:eyebrowlift2:

Attachments

at the moment I start the final rendering for my next short test clip with the mighty fairy of firebleach and the bird-towel-guy-thing…

this time I was focusing more on a better lightning composition and optimized my field of depth blur stats.

The link to the clip is coming soon - but till then here are already some nearly final stills:

Thankful for feedback of all kind…

my new test vid - of course the motion tweens are far from being professionals or natural - I really had to improve the inertia of masses in movement - but at least the lighting is quite like I imagined it…

These animations are already better than the average episode of Xavier: Renegade Angel that aired on Adult Swim some years ago. But my opinion probably doesn’t mean all that much, does it? :eyebrowlift2: (And perhaps it doesn’t help that that series was purposely bad in some ways.) And why do I find this funny?

Oddly enough, birdhead guy also sorta reminds me of one of my old weird drawings. (But mine is probably a tad more creepy looking.)

dang, she cute! the falsetto is a little creepy tho! :wink: keep at it, you’ve got a good start.

ok the voice acters are Terrible! im sorry but its sooo lame!!! xD
the rest is good though.

i saw all the videos and the animation has improved and i like it. the voices have to improved to the same with the sound effects. resume 3D composting and animation are very good. but voices and sounds effects has to improved. i like it a lot her reaction when she read mi comment hahahaha. thanks for that :smiley:

I find the voice acting very interesting, it seams bad at first but almost intentional. Kinda like Picasso’s art

Great job on the main character, her design and colors are really great. Her nudity compliments her style and does not take away from her overall appeal. (which is rare to see)

guys, one thing that i actually noticed is her mouth. its shaped a bit too much like an " O " when shes talking. try to make it more “moon” shaped.

terrible photo edditing, but you get the point…

just try it out, and make a short film with her mouth more moon’ish shaped. let us see how that looks. i think it will make it look better.

Thank you very much for your feedback - every comment helps me a lot to focus on getting better step by step…
for the last weeks I really had a deep lack of motivation and was very busy doing private stuff - but I hope I’ll be able to make a new short vid very soon.

The next main thing really need an improvement is the voice acting - I think for now it’s still ok to lean the bird-Thing my voice (although i am really crappy at voice acting), but SHE really really needs a fitting girls voice very thing else is so unreliably creepy and unsettling: the shitiness can not be explained by a intentional arty statement - it has nothing to do with “like Picasso’s art”- I not not going the easy way by pretending that every thing shitty is intentional shitty. I am still searching for someone to lean a voice…. it’s so sad…

I worked on the mouth shapes a little bit for the shape-keys - mainly for a better lip sync workflow with papagayo but also because some shapes where not that good (as mentioned by finalbarrage) - although I my opinion having sometimes a little rounded mouth corners is very funny looking (intentional shitty this time) because it’s emphasizing a big mouth - and in addition to that a rounded mouth is neutral in emotion and can used in low with a angry face and a happy face and has not necessary to be adjusted in variations to the mood (intentional lazy animation this time) - but as I already said - i just improved it a bit - hopefully you’ll going to see it in my next test clip…

stay toned

Hey Mui! I miss your Steeple video. I loved the characters, design, animation and song. We spoke in google plus and you encouraged me to make my own characters. Well, I can now. I hope you unprivate your videos or send me a copy I would love to watch Dogs Whistling a new Tune! I never ripped it from YouTube and now it is lost media. John @NWAnimators.com