Challenge #615 (4/4/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #615 for Friday 4th of April 2015 is: All that glitters, sparkles and shines

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 4th of April 2015.

Chest

Hello,
This is my PURE entry for this week. “Diamond checking”. Rendered in LUX and Cycles slight color/brightness changes in Gimp. I have created diamond geometry and realised there are gems in extra objects plug-in. :wink: It took 14 hours to render but as always Lux stuck with noise and more render time didn’t made any changes. So I have rerendered some parts with Cycles. I found there is no light dispersion in cycles glass material. I have used 2,417IOR and 0,044 dispersion values so it should be physically correct. Anyway hope you like it. Good luck everyone.

“Mariposa”

Cycles.

Pile of shine, glitter and sparkle.

In the Rough

having very little time this weekend I went for something as simple as possible.

3 Spinning diamonds being shone on by spotlights.

LuxRender 1.5dev

Went for something understated this week :slight_smile: Hadn’t realised how hard it was to make a 2d cartoon chr in 3d and keep the feel of the 2d original, I think I managed it, took a lot of fiddling to get the eyes and face how it felt right, I think it looks cute still, well in my eyes! but I’ve been looking at it too long Cycles pure, as rendered no post.

@Umi: LOL I had a similar idea.
(Unicorn POO!) Pure, Cycles 200

Here 's my non-competing entry:

A Puddle’s Slush of City Lights

As always, pure Blender.

RobertT

dross, one time my dog ate an entire large box of Crayola crayons, and what came out the other end looked very similar to your render.

#3dnotguru… don’t be sad that you made the gems by your self. What I can see of the extra objects is that they are not cut as a real brilliant or as a princess cut or “not even” an emerald cut. I was curious since I also have made a lot of jewellery from scratch and felt a bit fooled if they already existed, but are now relaxed again :eyebrowlift:

Yeah I know that extra objects diamond don’t have girdle etc but I think I made too much effort to make everything phisically correct and failed with lightning and rendering. But I will improve this scene and put to finished projects. As sooooon as Lux eliminate noise :wink:

No time again this week, so i threw this together to beat the buzzer. Just spheres and an HDRI, tweaked in the compositor. Cycles. Gave me the idea to try rendering with a bunch of different HDRI’s and use the compositor to isolate a different HDRI for each sphere, but no time for that now, maybe later.

Nice image Photox and DRoss made me laugh out loud.

Attachments

Meh…not the best, been off my game and away for a bit.

Ryaeth, thanks. I once had like 10 minutes to make an entry and went with an hdri mirror balls. I did some fancy post on it and fell in love with it. I thought it would be runaway winner. It got 0 votes. :no:

Zero votes would be normal for my entries anyways…:smiley:

@ Robert: how did you get that painterly effect?

Hi, Modron. The water mesh in this scene has several cloud procedural textures plus a wood (circular) procedural texture affecting the Normal value in slight ways, and that helps to give the reflections that painterly result.

RobertT