Blender Animated Film Cold Dark Mirror is Released!

Hello Blenderheads, I’d like to finally and proudly announce the release of my newest animated film, and first film created entirely using Blender, Cold Dark Mirror.

I think this one qualifies as the first stereoscopic 3D movie made in Blender, so grab your 3D glasses or fire up your 3D monitor if you have one.

Available on Vimeo VOD: Standard 2D Version and 3D-Stereocopic bundle

Help support indie animation, and spread the word about the newest Blender made feature animated film! Enjoy!

Looks Promising! How long did it take to Animate?

2 years…

I hope it is a huge success for you on Vimeo on Demand,that was a lot of work done!:cool: Are you looking to get any distribution deals so it can get into Cinemas worldwide?

2 years? wow, that’s a long time man :slight_smile: You clearly must of been very motivated to get this project finished.

And it’s in 3d too, nice job.

I gotta get some sleep right now, i’ve been up for ages so i wont get a chance to watch this just yet. But i will be sure to have a look tomorrow! :slight_smile:

My first two films I went the regular way with film distributors, for this one it’s a bit of a test to see if I can self-promote through social media, word of mouth, and google ads directly to fans and build my audience that way. Time will tell which is the better way of doing it in the long run.

Yeah it takes me about 2 years from the start to do a feature. That’s once the script is finalized, the storyboards are done, the dialog is recorded and the animatic rough cut is ready. A little bit of preparation at that point so you know all the sets, characters, models, and effects that you will need. Animating everything is the big part, obviously. I try to get 8 sec. of finished shots on average per day.

Nice, pretty inspiring that you are dedicating so much time and effort to make film.
Wish you lots of success.
Cheers.

Am inspired man , that takes real dedication hope things work out for you

Just purchased! Looking forward to this. I loved ARCHON DEFENDER. Haven’t seen ORIGIN yet, but it’s on the list.

You and M Dot Strange are 2 film makers that show me that it can be done! One day I hope to have my movie finished.

Hope it all goes well for you!

Hey! Thanks for the support! Can’t wait to see your project! Help spread the word about indie animated film!