ucupumar's Sketchbook

Hello everyone!
Welcome to my sketchbook!

Last sculpt:

Last timelapse:

Sculpt practice at the end of last year (2014), Druid from DOTA 2.
It took me exactly 2 hours using dyntopo (I used stopwatch :D).

The next sculpt is from very early January 2015. It’s a part of #SculptJanuary on Facebook. Unfortunately I can only participate the first day. It’s inspired by Atelier Escha. It’s all sculpted using dyntopo. I use skin modifier to blocks the hair shape, it’s really hard to get it right. This took me about 6 hours.

Yet another sculpt practice using dyntopo, Terry Bogard from KOF 2001. The right picture is the reference.

Birdie from Street Fighter. It’s still not completed because I’m jut too lazy. :o
I think I still need to practice more on human anantomy.

WIP 1: Oh, I love the repeated triangles of Birdie shape.

WIP 2: The body looks soo weird. The hand is yet to be seen.

WIP 3: The body is now looks better and I added the hand.

I don’t know if I will finish this or not. The tris of the body nearly hit 500k and it got so slow to undo now. I think I need to split the bottom part to jeans if I want to really continue.

Boman from Rival Schools, created using dyntopo and vertex paint. Rendered using GLSL viewport. Blend file available here: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/78563

Timelapse:

Nice work man, the timelapse is great and I like the music too. Reminds somehow of Michael Andrews’ music.

Thanks Ranquin. Glad you like it, nice music too. :smiley:

Next is anime style head sculpt based from Kotobukiya version of Power Girl. I experiments using bevel curve as base mesh. It’s all rendered using GLSL viewport. Below is the results.

Blend file: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/78922

Dyntopo for the head and bevel curve to blocks the hair:

After use union boolean, sculpt using dyntopo, and paint the face & eyes:

After got some feedbacks from Google+, I ended up tilting the head:

Would love to see a process breakdown of how you use beveled curves so effectively! Great work thus far…

Thanks! I actually created little addons to help me create bevel curve. I have planned to do another timelapse or even tutorial to show my process. I just hope I don’t get lazy this weekend. :smiley:

These sculpts are really good. I especially like the hand in post #4!

Thanks! The finger still looks wrong though.

Next one is hair practice again using same technique as before, bevel curve, dyntopo, and vertex paint. The hair is inspired by Ui Hirasawa from K-On! I’ll post the timelapse and how to use the addon I was talked before.

Matcap:

GLSL viewport:

EDIT:

Blend file: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/79469

Post #7 is my favorite. she looks so alive.
Great job on your models. you’re really good at this. for me, what makes your sculpts stand out is the fact that you actually give them color. that’s not often the case with sculptors. even when rendered, they’re usually made of stone.

it’s also refreshing the fact that you sculpt toon characters. that’s also a rare sight.

Seriously, that girl with a pink hair looks a bit like my girlfriend when she was 13 bro. Nice modeling by the way. I was once trying to model a face but it was too hard for me.

Thanks! If I see Zbrush timelapse, the artist often immediately add color to his/her sculpt. I want to try that kind of workflow on Blender too.

It is actually your girlfriend when she was 13. Lol, I’m just kidding.:smiley:
Thanks anyway!

Finally! I can upload the blend and timelapse of my last artwork. It’s been three weeks late than I planned before. :o
You can get the blend file in this blendswap page. And here’s the timelapse:

As I said before, I wrote an addon to help me create the hair, it’s called Bevel Curve Tools. You can get it in this Github page.
Demo of the addon:

Hope you like it! :smiley:

The next one is Kotobukiya version of Marvel Wasp. Sculpted using dyntopo for the head and multires for the body. As usual, it’s rendered using GLSL viewport. I use RGBM encoded HDR texture to get reflection highlight. I’ll share the technique and timelapse next time.

Reference: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10314723

GLSL render without fake SSS:

Matcap render:

I’m sorry if this was repost but I realized I haven’t posted it here.

Marvel Wasp timelapse:

Blend file: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/80077

Final GLSL render with fake SSS and DOF:

Next one is Levi from Attack on Titan. I tried to mix the artstyle with style from Moby Francke. I overlay one of his art and sketch Levi on top of it. I ended up something like this:

I want to create some kind of not too thin figure. I hope it’s still looks like as Levi :smiley:
Below are some WIP of this model.

Basemesh:

Head:

Awesome sculpts!

Nearly one year later… Thanks! :eyebrowlift:

It’s been a while since I updated this sketchbook. I’m not doing many sculpts since last year because of other stuffs. Okay, without further ado, I’ll start with finished Levi sculpt last year.

I create timelapse for this one too, you can see it below:

You can download this model too on these links:

http://download.blender.org/demo/test/stylized_levi.zip

My impression about this model are mixed. In one part I’m glad with my experimentation of the GLSL material nodes and the face is kind of cool :P. On the other hands, there are few problems with this model like many people tell me it’s still not looks like real Levi. The other problems are because bad planning, there are no texture on this model and it’s only available as high poly model so you can’t do animation with this.

Maybe next time I’ll more faithful with reference, do some retopology, and do real texturing.

Next piece is Whip from King of Fighters. This one is a bit problematic because I targeted the finished model can be animated. After some retopo to the face, this the result:

I think I will pending this model because I got not enough confidence to start texturing, I will continue after few other models.