science use of blender fluid simulation

hi folks,

i m trying to realize some fluid simulations for melted iron. does anyone have some experience with that kind of sims?
like the exatly values for viscosity of melted iron…realtime(4sec for 100frames)???..other special options
for example there is no way to manipulate the density for the fluid, or am i blind? :slight_smile:

or is it better to realize it with particles and the fluid options in it…there are plenty more confusing options…

and the main thing…how “real” becomes the sim?

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Particles and Physics Simulations”

Keep in mind that blender is for CG animations, and its not an all physically correct simulation tool.
Assuming you got science background, 1000 frames means nothing; it all depends on the movie frame rate.
usually people use 25 frames p sec (or 30) for CG animations.
Also blender does not use material density mass, other objects or fluids cannot float on it, here is where CG fooling comes in.
So varying density mass as based upon temperature of the iron, its beyond Blender , then you need other software.
In the end CG often comes down too, does it look believable ?, and if not fiddling some more on the settings to fool the realism.
Fooling isn’t a bad thing for CG artist to do, its perfectly ok; as in the end its about the presentation.

thanks for answer…

the simulations i did till now are looking not that bad, the physical calculation are nearly correct.
the sim look like reality but some details don`t influence the fluid as it should…i think those things i have to fake…

i wanna try a few other things, cause with the particle system its possible to manipulate the mass of each particle and
adjust many other options…but till now i never do simulations with the particle system and the fluid option in it…
i have to check that way

I’d suggest using the molecular addon and cubesurfer addon. Both developed by Pyroevil. Search them up on this site. You’ll find the forums and it should give you what you need.