Getting Pose Mode to Match with Edit mode

My first time rigging a character and after using some IK, I started playing around with the foot bones, and resetting the rotation afterwords, and everything was fine, until I started playing around with the location of the bones, and not just the rotating (pressing G) I can’t seem to reset the location of them in Pose Mode as they appear in Edit Mode.

FigureHeroRigging.blend (1.4 MB)

In pose mode select all bones and
Alt+R = clear rotation
Alt+G = clear location
Alt+S = clear scale

The IK constraint will still be affecting the armature so to get back to the same as edit mode you’d have to disable the constraint or adjust the foot bones in edit mode so the constraint doesn’t force them to move in the rest position.

Looking at the model, I think you have more problems with the geometery itself. I don’t think this model is suitable for rigging. I’d work on your modelling skills before having a go at rigging first. Alternatively, if you want to get used to rigging without getting used to modelling you could use other people’s meshes and have a go at rigging with them (provided the geometry is clean.) Trying to rig this model will just result in tons of complications and problems.

Thanks Mark again. I had a feeling the constraints were getting in the way. @ Kurtis, I would agree that this model perhaps isn’t ideal for rigging since I started out with my own drawing of a character, and simply shaped a model around my drawing. Since my drawing wasn’t a person standing completely upright and feet flat on the ground, along with the fact that the spacing between faces is pretty much all over the place, I can assume it’s not an ideal model to work with rigging. If I’m missing anything in my guessing, let me know. I wish to further tweak the geometry until I can find a way that it can be used well in rigging.