Blender on windows and blender on linux, any differences?

I have posted this question here (hopefully this is the right section of the forum) to ask whether blender is particularly different running on different operating systems.

I am currently a blender user with a windows machine but I am thinking of putting linux on the next computer I get, Does anyone know if blend files made in blender on windows (xp or 8) will open up correctly in blender on a linux machine (probably linux mint)?

Also is the interface of blender different or will it be the same both on windows and on linux?

Would complicated rigging, procedural texturing, constraints and such work identically in blender opened on a linux machine to how they would in blender on a windows machine?

Do texture files referenced locally (as in a blend file in a folder and all the texture files in the folder with it, within blender the texture is sourced from //image.jpg ) still work properly or do files need packing for textures to still be found?

Is import and export of file formats still possible in the linux version? Do rendered images or videos save out in the same way?

Are all the key combinations( like “f12” to render for example) the same?

Thank You

Does anyone know if blend files made in blender on windows (xp or 8) will open up correctly in blender on a linux machine
.blend files are the same independent of the machine they were made on.

Also is the interface of blender different or will it be the same both on windows and on linux?
They are the same

Would complicated rigging, procedural texturing, constraints and such work identically in blender opened on a linux machine to how they would in blender on a windows machine?
The same

Do texture files referenced locally (as in a blend file in a folder and all the texture files in the folder with it, within blender the texture is sourced from //image.jpg ) still work properly or do files need packing for textures to still be found?
Unless the file is in the same location as the blend file the reference file path could be different. Pack external data for best compatibility

Is import and export of file formats still possible in the linux version?
Addons are the same for all operating systems

Are all the key combinations( like “f12” to render for example) the same?
Mostly. OSX also has the Cmd key in addition to Shift/Alt/Ctrl combinations

The only difference I’ve noticed between my Ubuntu Blender and my Windoze Blender is in using the Alt+a hot key. Ubuntu intercepts this key combination and gives me a pop-up window menu instead of what Blender would do. My work-around is to use Shift+Alt+a instead. I suspect there is a fix to this, but it’s simpler for me to use the work-around than to start messing with default key bindings of either program.

the Alt-lmb click selection for edge select is Shit-Alt- lmb click on Linux Mint. My files, UI, and assets are all the same as when I had windows. OS file structure is different, but you get used to that.

Although most Linux environments trap the alt key by default they all should have an option to use the Meta [Win] key instead. http://askubuntu.com/questions/122209/how-do-i-modify-or-disable-the-huds-use-of-the-alt-key seems to have the answer on how to do this specifically for Unity (I don’t have first hand experience of this though).