Help Acanthus Leaf

Hi all, I am still a noob at blender and I am trying to make some Roman columns with Acanthus Leaf detail. Only thing is im really struggling to model one. Any one have a tutorial on how to model one of these please. I keep trying and trying, I leave it a day then go back to it and still with no joy. There has to be a simple way.

This is a picture of a column with the similar leaf on. TY in advanced

Maybe this will help.

First, make yourself some geometry to work with. The leaves seem to have two main layers

I’ve outlined one layer in red, and on top of that layer, there are other layers, outlined in blue. Get these added to your model first, using quad faces. Now within each of these layers, there are cuts going into the layer, or sections coming out above the layer that you need to add to your model. The image below is a technique for using the knife tool to get the geometry you need in your quad faces to make a depression or (moving it in the other direction) a raised bit.

Starti with a grid, outline the part you want to lower with the knife tool. This will leave tris and ngons up at the point.

Get rid of the tris and ngons with two more cuts, converting them to quads

Make similar knife cuts just inside the outline to define the bottom of the depressed area

Finally, move the bottom of the area down.

If you work methodically, you’ll find you have a nice corinthian column in no time at all.