About following rhythm. Musical animations.

Hi everyone.

Well I’ve been having this idea on my mind and I have to get it out before I explode. I’m a intermediate Blender user :spin:

Ok here’s the deal. I have a Panda bear and I want to make him play the drums :D… I want to start simple, basic songs with basic drum lines. These videos will be small 1 minute, 1 minute half not more.

I know the basics of animation in blender and I know how to rig my character. But that’s not the problem the problem is that I have no idea of how am I going to sync the movements of my character with the drum line.

I’d like to be as practical as possible. In your experience, which could be the best way to approach this?. I was thinking about filming myself doing the drumming add the video as a background and work with that, like a pseudo motion capture or maybe somehow insert the audio file to blender, that would be nice.

Thanks

You could do either. Having a video reference of yourself playing may be useful, if you want to work with that as a sound reference too. If you just want to use audio, in the VSE add an audio strip and line it up with the correct frame. Then you can turn on audio scrubbing and use that as a reference for your basic drum hit keys.

With a video, you can load it into the movie clip editor, and just keep that panel open as a live reference, or into the VSE, though I haven’t done that myself.

You will want usually then want AV sync in the timeline sync mode drop down. Hope that helps get you started, and good luck.

Use a ‘click track’ (you can use Audacity), which gives you just the beats as visible peaks…