Primitive Object – can’t adjust segments once object is moved from original location.

Is this by design or a bug in v2.73?

When you first create a primitive object, you should be able to adjust the segment resolution before it’s converted to an editable mesh or poly. The issue is, I can adjust them just as long as I don’t move the object along any axes from where it was first created.

If I move the primitive geometry, I lose the ability to adjust base parameters (as though it’s being converted to an editable object for me automatically). You should also be able to go back in history in some cases and drop down to the base object to change segments. (Depending on topology and modifiers).

But the real issue is, I can’t move the object once it’s first created without losing the sub segment properties. If I do I loose the AD UVs properties.

Example

www.pyramid-of-wisdom.com/uvprop.jpg

Is this by design or a bug in v2.73?
This is by design. Once you accept the object by doing some other operation you cannot go back to those original settings

Thanks for the response Richard Marklew.

I’m kind of surprised that Blender was designed that way. Were there memory issues with keeping a history stack?

One of the great things about using 3dsmax and Maya was the history modifier stacks. Being able to change your mind to drop down to the sub level, make changes and then move back to the top of the modifier stack to see the impact of your changes. Being able to readjust the resolution before you get too far into your project is a huge time savor sometimes.

Blender has been around a long time. Is this something the developers plan to implement at some point? maybe they’re just short handed on programmers?