Nurbs Path question

Hi

I am currently creating a modular track piece that is going to be replicated and moved along a path. So basically it means that I do need to fit it perfectly for the pieces to match each other.

I have more or less found the curve I want to use as a path. And I can easily use an array modifier with the path modifier to prepare the track’s pieces. However what concerns me is the fitting of the pieces.

Right now I do have something like this:

But more or less, to fit the pieces I will need to delete these segments:

This will give me the spline that will allow me to attach my mesh at it origin, fitting the first end of my curved mesh perfectly. So it will consist of these two segments:

And this is where the fun begins.

Basically I do have two concerns:

1. How can I make sure that any part of my mesh that I create with an array along the path is identical like it wolud be on a circle? Mind that I do need some deformation on two axes, so circle is not an option… or maybe there is a way to use a circle? Will a nurbs path with two segments have all of the parts identical to each other?
  2. How do I control the size of my new mesh in relation to the path lenght? I need it to be exactly measured as I will be using it in UE4, and will have to place it over there by using the relation to the path lenght. The ‘Fit Curve’ option in the array panel does not give me a mesh at a full path lenght. What I need is the first and last vertices of my mesh to be exactly at the location of start and end points of the curve.

Ideas are welcome.

Stretch and bounds clamp options in curve object data properties.

Thanks for the tip JA12, it looks exactly like what I need :slight_smile: