Why are the rest position and pose position totally different?

Didn’t do anything to make it like this. I’m not spamming these threads btw, just so happens there are many issues with Blender.

Rest Position:

Pose Position:

I attached the shapes together to begin with (the limbs, head and torso were made as individual objects the joined together) and I thought this might be the issue but the head doesn’t deform incorrectly, so that rules that out. The head, however, doesn’t have any inverse kinematics going on which leads me to believe that could be the issue but why is that so? I just followed a tutorial and did everything exactly the same. The only difference with mine is that they deform is a ridiculous way when being posed.

I’m sure there is a simple answer to this. I know Blender sometimes isn’t the most intuitive program. Any help would be much appreciated and I just wanna move past this stage. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Where have I seen this before?

Oh, yeah, in that thread where I suggested you don’t have a basics and interface problem and asked you to post the blend so people could take a look at it to find out where you’d gone astray.

This thread belongs in animation and rigging, not in basics and interface. You should also spend a few moments of your valuable time renaming your bones to something reasonable. You should also post your blend, since, even though you’ve got some screen shots of your skeleton, you aren’t showing anything that would allow someone to diagnose your possibly simple problem. Also, since you don’t provide a link to the tutorial you’re following, it isn’t even possible to know whether that tutorial might have some easily correctible flaw that people here might know about. Just because it’s a tutorial, doesn’t always mean it’s going to work perfectly out of the box. Tutorial quality control rests with the author. No body is looking over their shoulder, and you might have found a poor one.

Multiplyer, I am TRYING to give you some advice on how to get YOUR issue, not Blender’s issue, solved as rapidly as possible. You might be picking up from my tone that I’m losing patience. Good luck to you.

I’ll try and post my blend soon.

Here is the tutorial I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGvalWG8HBU