Key Config Confusion

Hi guys, I’m new to blender in general (on and off in the past few years though). Recently I tried to pick up blender again and wanted to customize it to suit my work style. Currently I’m having a problem with customize the key config for “Screen Editing” section. As soon as I modified the entry on that section, I can no longer split/ join viewport.

Something to try is just add a new entry on Screen Editing section > straight export and put the .py file inside keyconfig folder > choose from input key config dropdown menu > try to split area by dragging the top-right corner and nothing happened. Does anyone experienced this before? Is there any solution to this?

As soon as I modified the entry on that section, I can no longer split/ join viewport.
Modify to what ?
Tell us more

Hi Richard, I mean change/ add/ remove anything from that section.
For example just click the +Add New button and leave ‘none’ default entry. So with this we didn’t touch the original setting (just adding a new ‘none’ entry). Export that straight away using the Export Key Configuration button down bellow in to temp.py for example. Put it inside ~\Blender\2.73\scripts\presets\keyconfig folder, and choose the new Temp (or some other name that you export the python script before) preset from user preference menu. Since we didnt messed up with the original setting other then adding ‘none’, by right it shouldn’t break any of blender’s functionality, but try to split the viewport, it wont allow you to.

Did you find this behavior too?
FYI, I’m using the .zip version not the installer version if that make any difference.

Edit: Ok so what I wanted to do initially was to edit the splt/ join/ etc with the ctrl+click instead of just click, so with that I won’t accidentally ‘messed up’ my UI.

It looks like blender customization wasn’t really popular around here. Ah well I guess it’s just a bug, I’m done searching for a way to make it work. I guess just replace it all togather with a right click to call a screen.area_options will do the job done, even though not as smooth as click and drag the corner.

Really sorry you didnt find a good answer, the truth is that Blender is a peice of junk when it comes to shortcuts. If you change around 10 shortcuts you can say adios to a stable version… I backup mine all the time as soon as i change something so i can go back as soon as something starts to act wierd.