Challenge #614 (27/3/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #614 for Friday 27th of March 2015 is: Cloth and Clothing

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 30th of March 2015.

Thought I’d give it a little bump :slight_smile: I’ve not made any clothes yet but I have made a dummy that I’m quite pleased with! This is not my entry just WIP. Going to try and do something classy this time, no idea if I’ll manage and I don’t think any of the major fashion houses are going to need to be worried :slight_smile:

I haven’t submitted anything in a while, so I figured that since i had an idea in my head I would give it a shot.

“All that remains” - pure minus the background image, all procedural textures.

Cycles, pure. Textures are either quick procedural, or image textures I got on a disk that came with a 3D Artist magazine from awhile ago. Text added in paint.net

Attachments

Here is my non-competing entry:

Fashion

RobertT

Hello, this is my PURE entry. Santas’ sock. Tried to do better lightning and fire but it rendered too slowly to check and fix many times.

Here mine, pure entry: “copper reflections”

Mostly a technical render, i got the reference images from here.

Hanging out to dry

Added a floor, some wall, et voila…

Attachments

It has been a long time since I got involved with these. :slight_smile: so here’s my entry: Laundry Room

Here’s mine, tried hard to focus on composition and a little story rather than technical this time, wallpaper is one CC image rest of background image fluff are mine. Everything modelled from scratch for this comp and all other materials created/painted etc. from scratch one way or another they all procedural so think it’s pure category. Dress is sculpted with multires modifier and I used the new pointyness node to fake AO to get the wrinkles to stand out more on the top which was cool (hopefully :slight_smile: )

“little red dress”

wireframes

(Noncompeting) I used Alexander Lee’s model off Blendswap, posed and simulated cloth.

My entry. Pure, rendered in cycles. Love clothing in movement so my entry is a dancing woman.

that’s lovely Ralmon you really captured the movement of the cloth well on the dress

Thanks Umii. Sorry if my image doesn’t appear in your post I edit it and replaced it with a new image and it seems to mess up your post.

Love your dress form and the belt, it is so fashionable.

Render cycles 300 samples on CPU , my GPU took timeout, probably because there is to many similations in this Picture: Cloth sim, Physics with the raindrops, Physics hair for rain streaks and some sculpting on the cloths.
Background HDR is from Andrew Price, rest of material is my own.

Think iv jst missed the mark by a couple of mins?

Anyways 100% pure blender vert colors & viewport render

Anya

Spent pretty much all of sunday modeling this, rigging for pose and an hour or 2 tryn to get some textures going with the paint tools…Was also going to right up a lil background story for her but not time for that…

I think anyone who tried to make clothes out of CF would be having a few comfort and wearability problems. :wink:

Nice render though, although TBH it looks a bit more like woven flat plastic than like CF. If you’ve seen the real thing before it’s laminated, the fibres have a real depth and gloss to them. Think of polished anthracite but in minute fibres. CF is basically anthracite, sort of. The reference image you linked doesn’t quite give the real feel of the stuff.

That’s remarkably effective for such a simple image. :yes:

it’s ok as long as you get it in before the voting thread goes up

No worries on that one tonight!

To all: If you are working on an entry and want a little more time then PM me or post here (even though if posting here, I sometimes only scan read!)