Blender super laggy but only on one monitor

Hello!
I’ve recently gotten back into modelling and when I started up Blender there was a slight problem: IT’S SUPER LAGGY. It’s not 10 FPS, it’s like 1 FPS. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 980 GTX so no problem on that side, my monitor is a 24 inch ASUS VG248. It runs on DVI so it’s 144hz 1ms delay.
How do I solve

My other one is a samsung SyncMaster940b, i only use it for my social media/music so it’s not like it matters. Yet Blender works on it.

I tried different versions, they all lag. I restarted my computer twice, but it still lags.
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Hi, both displays are connected to the GTX 980, correct?
We need a bit more informations:
When do it lag?
During render, work on huge scenes, other?
Your OS, driver version, etc.

Cheers, mib

Sorry, Yes, both displays are on the GTX 980

It lags as soon as I start it up, just default cube, lamp and camera.
However, it doesn’t lag when I load up scenes with lots of objects, but as soon as I delete the objects, it starts lagging again.
Windows 7, driver is 347.88

Hi I’m having this same problem, has a solution been found?

It’s been a while since I’ve used blender, and I don’t think I had this problem before, but I can’t be positive.

I noticed it with 2.73 so I updated my nvidia driver to 350.12 and blender to 2.74

I’m using Winows 7 64bit on a macbook pro retina 2012. On the laptop’s screen Blender is running fine, but on my secondary monitor, that I’d like to be using, it runs at that slow 1 FPS.

Some more information on that behavior: it’s not just the viewport, I notice the menu bar’s menus are sluggish and slow to update as well. Also, to say 1 FPS is inaccurate… it’s more like every second or so blender becomes active, so maybe a few frames render and you can see movement and such, but only for a fraction of a second, then blender becomes inactive again.

(Also, I tried running some 3D games on this 2nd monitor, and they seem to work fine. Pretty sure the games are using direct x, I’m not sure if Blender uses openGL or direct x, or even if that would be relevant info)

Hmm sounds to me a bit like a Powersaving feature kicking in when there is not enough load. have you checked with GPU-Z at what values the card runs when its laggy?

just a tought :slight_smile:

Cheers!