Candy modeling

Hi,

I’m a beginner in Blender, and I’d like to modeling/texturing/rendering a candy
with packiging, like this:

Please, give me some advice :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot,

Cheers

you cant simply ask for advice for something like that. if you where making something complex, then advise is viable, but this section of the forums is ment for support, people who are stuck or need critical feedback, or to start discussions.

if you want a strong advice; Start. and come back when you’re stuck.

happy BL

Ok, given where you are at, you are off to a good start: you have a reference photograph.

Next step would be to collect a few more reference photos, this time showing individual candies rather than a pile of them.

Now, Blender has advanced shortcuts people might use to create such an image, but for a beginner, I recommend you model them individually, by hand, and put them into a scene by hand as well. You’ll have enough on your plate without trying to figure out what goes wrong when some advanced technique doesn’t work as expected.

Once you have assembled a couple dozen reference photos, begin to model individual candies (since they are wrapped candies, you actually model the wrapper, since you can’t see the candy inside when they are wrapped, and you don’t need to model anything you can’t see. Check out the “Learn Blender Basics” tutorials in the “Get Started in Blender” menu at the top of this page.

Welcome to BlenderArtists :smiley: and good luck wiith your first project. Be sure to start a Work-in-Progress thread to show your work and to get more specifc advice once you’ve begun.

you never finnished the parenthesis :////

)

LOL :smiley:

Happy?

I’d say make about 5 or 6 variations of the candies add rigid body sim active. Then make a floor plain add a rigid body sim passive. Make duplicates and move them above the floor plain. When you have enough to make a nice pile run the sim/animation and voila a pile of candy.

Thanks for replies, but it’s my mistake, I wasn’t too accurate. My problem is to modeling the “twist” in the candy packiging. I tried a lot version of Simple Deform, but the upsots were not too good. So, any advice? :slight_smile:

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks a lot!

Use proportional editing. Select the end of the wrapper and twist. Adjust sphere of influence to suite you.

Hi

I tried to make it…It’s not very good but here it is.

I will try to show you how I made the twist…There is so many way You can do it…:slight_smile:

Add a circle…Go edit mode…Select it and press e and s…You can now drag the circle inwards do it a few time so it look like Mine in the pic…Press and hold alt and right click the inner circle…Now You shall find the propertional editing tool…It is in the button menu line
the little blue ring in the pic…Activate it and press g You know see a big ring in the pic…It tell You how much influence the tool have.
You change it with Your mouse wheel…Scroll up or down so it fit Your mesh…You can now drag it to get a rough shape of what You want.
See it in the pic…Now change the influence and drag some vertex around until You get a shape You like.

It’s first part…Next is go to sculpt mode and do a few easy step to get it a little better looking…If this make sence and You want’ to do the sculpt too…I will show how to in another pic…Happy blending from a noob <<

Tai

Thank you for yoir help, I’m working on it, with the upsots I’ll coming soon! :slight_smile:

Good keep it up…)

Tai