Hovercar chase

I started playing with that sculpt with displacement and UVs technique (The bottom is done that way, It’s not visible with this camera angle)
Once I had a “car” model I liked, I decided to work first on the background to give life to the scene. I spent more time with the bg than shading the car.

1920 x 800 @ 2000 samples.

I animated the car position and parented the camera to get that motion blur. Then i added some more with a fast blur node in the compositor but it also blurred some fireflies. I’ll probably redo the compositing in Photoshop/Gimp (eventually)

Edit (Photoshop to the rescue):

Fixed a lot of the uglier noise and used a Deep Blue photo filter. I like this one’s mood

Edit2:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]369973[/ATTACH]
Ruined the Paint with a texture from cgtextures that I made seamless. And adapted this rust shader http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/44281 to fit my needs
I also used the compositor to match what I did in Photoshop

Love this so much. The rust looks great, and I love the style of the whole image. Definitely feature worthy.

Thanks, the rust is a diffuse shader with a texture from cgtextures mixed with the paint shader using a noise texture as the factor

I really like this, good job. However the rust is the weakest part of the image IMO, it looks sharp and unnatural, while the rest of the car looks brand new.

I’d say the rust looks fine, the problem is the rest the car being flawless

Great job! I really like the composition. The rust looks good to me. I agree with @Fedeberg, the rest of the car is slightly to polished, IMHO. It could use a little rust covering everything. But, I still love the image! :slight_smile:

I realy like the retrofuturistic design of the car.

Not realy convinced by the rust, but as I failed when I atempted to do some good one myself, I can’t realy be too critical on this.

Nice lighting and colors

The colors were one of the first things I decided to use. Red for the car, complementary green-blue for the background.

I uploaded another render. I don’t think I’ll update it anymore and consider it finished. Thanks everybody for their great suggestions