How to "glue" one object to another?

Hi!
I have two objects. I applied to the first object the modifier “wave”, and to another - modifier “clothes”. The first object is pulsing: expands and narrows. I would like to “glue” the second object to the first, so that the fabric is “grown” from a first object and stretched therewith. How to do it?

Here is an illustration.

This is a jellyfish :slight_smile:
I need to attach the top edge of the fabric to the lower edge of the jellyfish. When the jellyfish pulsing, the fabric should stretched with it.

Here is an example of how it should look like (look at the lower part of the jellyfish).

I made the mesh for fabric using the mesh of jellyfish, so the fabric is moving the same way as jellyfish (it has the same modifier “wave”). But I want that the fabric has no modifier “wave”, but it pulsing because it “glued” to the jellyfish.
How can i do it?
Thanks in advance!

If you look at how he pins the flag to the rope in this tut it should get you going on the right track if I understand the question correctly :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly what I was looking for! Sorry, my English is not very good :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

But I tested this technique and found this problem: the fabric changes only the position, but not transforming with the body of a jellyfish (not pulsing). And if I leave both: the modifier “wave” and the vertex parenting, the fabric shifting higher than necessary, during the animation.

Is it possible to make so that the fabric is not only moving, but also deforming along with the body of a jellyfish? For example, is it possible to somehow connect the vertices of the upper edge of the fabric to the vertices of the bottom edge of the jellyfish?

Or may be it is better to say so: Can I combine these two objects into one object, thus, to each object must retain its physical properties and dynamics?

You can try parenting an Empty to a vertex of the “jellyfish” (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Objects/Groups_and_Parenting#Vertex_Parent), then use that Empty in a Hook modifier on the fabric mesh.