How to retarget mocap to character rig?

Hi everybody. I’m new here and in Belnder as well :wink: What I’m trying to do is, apply mocap from external bvh file to avatars. To acchieve this I use MakeWalk and Avastar plugin. If I make a simple character model in MakeHuman, save as mhx and import it to Blender, I can use MakeWalk to apply mocap from bvh files easily. However, if I export fbx from MakeHuman and import it to Blender, the retargetting doesn’t work. The message I’m getting is something like this: “Can not retarget, because character has rotation and scale, please use transformation…”. Ok, I go to pose mode, and from the menu select Pose->Transform->Clear All, but nothing happens with my avatar, since it has no rotation nor scale. If I deliberatelly rotate the avater somewhat and afterwards run Pose->Transform->Clear All it reset his original state. So from this I assume it is the problem with bones somewhere. If I import both characters (from mhx and fbx) I can clearly see that all bones are not sticking tight togetherare and are somwhat shorter on fbx character than on mhx. How could I fix this problem? I must be able to apply mocap to fbx since my designer will provide me the character in this format. Much thanks in advance for your help.

i’m doing this manually :slight_smile:
I mean: because in most cases my armature have a more or less count bones also have different other proportions.
in this case i just scale *.bvh in proportion of my armature, hide half of *.bvh and my armature and start copying the animation.
i’m aslo trying to make retarget but in this case my armature have some strange additional offsets, and i don’t know why.

also, try bvhacer.exe mb it helps you in some cases.

Thanks MonkeyFirst, I thought I could get this done automatically (at least the majority of scaling, rotating,…) :(, isn’t there a tool, function, plugin… that would help me out with this? Thanks again.