Is there a shortcut to "smoothing" specific edges?

I know there’s ways to subdivide the mesh and get smoother edges, but I’m currently modelling for source engine, and I’m trying to keep my poly count as low as I can. Basically, I need to know if there’s some functionality that allows you to duplicate the edges you want, and move them along their respective faces, getting rid of sharp corners but only adding one face to the mesh, resulting in a mesh like the one below.

Please let me know if there’s a quick way to do this, I’ve been looking for one but I can’t seem to find it, and I have to do it in most of the map, so I’m not looking forward to doing it edge by edge.

Select the edges and bevel them (Ctrl+B)

If you want a non-destructive (but more complex) way to do this, which can come in handy with more complicated models, add a Bevel modifier to the object. Then in Edit Mode, select the edges you’d like to bevel, open the sidebar by hitting the N key, and find the setting near the top that says Bevel Weight. Increase this to 1.

Then, in the Bevel Modifier settings, set the influence to Weight, and it should bevel any edges that you set to 1 as you did before. This allows you to bevel something, change your mind later and unbevel it by setting the weight back to 0, etc. You can also set it to bevel each edge more than once in the modifier settings (which can be helpful if you need sharper edges later on), and change the distance of the bevel.