Neon Sign

Hello,

Is there any 3D artists about who could make this sign I created :

and make it look more like this:

I had attempted it - but it came out…skew whiff!

I have attached the .Blend file

Many Thanks.

Attachments

Sign.zip (916 KB)

Are you wanting your sign just textured? Or were you looking for someone to create the neon tubes and lighting?

I can do the textures and lighting, just neon tubes are needed.

Are you rendering in cycles? If so you could make the material emitant via the shader Emitter…if you want glow…you could do what Andrew Price does in his spaceship tutorial…make a seperate render of the neon tubes and use some compositor magic to give the glow…

Greets, Ed.

Looking for someone who can make the neon tubes.

I don’t have the time to do this, but I did whip up an example to demonstrate how you might accomplish the look of the neon lights around the edges of the letters in your model.

Basically, I modeled out a letter and extruded around the edges of the front face to create the neon lights. I then separated those extruded edges out to its own object and applied an emission material to it.

My example model is attached. Hope this helps.

Attachments

sign-example.blend.zip (89 KB)

Hi!
Your suggestion made me wanna attempt making neon tubes for the first time, and here’s the result:

The tubes are just simply path extrusions, and with the material I’ve made you could probably make the whole sign fairly easily yourself, but if you want, I could try myself :slight_smile:

This might be my first post on the forums!

I made a very potent neon tube material, but I see that the topic is set to “SOLVED” now, so I suppose it’s not needed? :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks great, I just put it to Solved as that guy told me about the extrude thing…But if you could attempt the sign for me with the tubes, That would be extremely helpful!

I will give it a go!

My tubes aren’t render-time efficient because they’re made to look good up close, like you see here in my updated version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aedcbg1a8v8wg9v/neonsign02.png?dl=0

But non the less, I will give it a try :slight_smile:

added update sign…tweaked the letters abit.

Attachments

sign.blend (1.09 MB)

Yeah… I’ve already made the tubes now, based on the previous version, but it’s easy to change some details if you like :slight_smile:

Making all these tubes were tedious!

I didn’t make the tubes QUITE as realistical as in my example, as your sign is low poly and low res, and probably meant to be quite far away, but here’s what I made:

I’m including the whole folder with the new blend file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ingicsbpm2mcmek/SignWtubes.rar?dl=0

the tubes aren’t perfectly round and such, and som might overlap the text model slightly, but that’s nothing you can’t fix by yerself :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you ever soo kindly! it is amazing - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I shall indeed credit you for this, and another guy for the elevator :D.

• Tom

Thank you!
And it was fun to make this, as I’ve never made neon tubes before :slight_smile: