The Joker

“See Batssss, this time, no more games…no more jokes. I’m just here to close up shop. I used to think we could have fun, you and me, but no…you’ve become boring to me. I guess I just know you too well. But here’s the funny thing…me? You don’t actually know a thing about me, do you? I’m still a total stranger. You might pretend you know me, but deep down…oh, you’ll see, though…you’ll see soon enough…HeeHee.”

I needed some practice sculpting a character so I picked the Joker. I’m a fan of the ongoing Batman comics by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo and I thought it would be fun making their version of the Joker. I found a tutorial on sculpting a caricature on Blender Cookie and it helped me a lot since his facial features are exaggerated. I focused on the front face and hair trying to make it look like he does in comic. I could have worked on the teeth, gums, clothing and shaders a bit more but I decided not to.

nice work it’s like an albino joker which is scary lol

Are you trying to get close to the version that was in those animated shows in the 1990’s or the one in the latest Batman movie trilogy?

Either way, I think the paint could use some light grunge here and there just to make it look like paint (unless of course you really intend your version to have pasty white skin). The teeth and gums also look a tad like plastic as of now (though the suit materials look a bit more well done).

Wow this is great very nice sculpting and lighting. I just finished creating a scene with The Talon in if you wanna check it out but its no where near as good as this XD

This is what he looks like in the comics right now.

Attachments

Here’s the wireframe for the head.