Porting Blender Game Engine to Console.

How could the Blender Game Engine be ported to a console?

You need to compile the blenderplayer for that platform. The BGE does not support any console as it is. You will need to add the according code by yourself.

Depending on the console in question, a considerable amount of changes may have to be made to the code. Namely the OpenGL code. There is no way that this could be run on any xbox consoles as microsoft has made it painfully clear that they will not be supporting OpenGL anytime soon.
[Fun Fact: The Xbox was originally to be called the Direct-X-Box (DirectX being microsoft’s proprietary graphics processing library)]

Hmm I see if I could think of one console that maybe possible to port to would be PlayStation 4 if im not mistaken the PlayStation 4 uses the OpenGL library.

I mostly would prefer something like Wii U and yeah I know that Xbox is exclusive to DirectX.

Yes, the playstation 4 does use OpenGL along with the Wii and WiiU. However, I must ask; what do you plan on accomplishing with porting BGE to consoles? You can’t publish games made with it because Sony (along with nintendo and/or microsoft) have strict NDAs that prevent the publishing of open source games / engines on their platforms. I mean, you could publish it as homebrew and allow people with modded consoles to use it, but wouldn’t it be more work than it’s really worth just trying to maintain it on an unsupported system?
I’m just trying to understand the reasoning here. :stuck_out_tongue:

…NO WAY??? what? just because the engine is open source I cant make a game and put it on a console? I mean… im actually shocked to the horrible reality that is consoles… I cant believe this I really cant.

Also regarding the Wii U the Wii U does not support OpenGL it uses its own API that is similar to OpenGL and DirectX 11.

I just thought to use a Open Source Engine to prevent paying rip off artists like CryTek with there lousy CryEngine 4 “I actually tried it and its not worth the money.”

Yeah im familiar with the NDA but gosh something this bad denying Open Source engines? What hypocrites there using OpenGL haahh… but that’s probably a different story that I don’t know.