Mass production Lightsaber

A mass production lgihtsaber model, can switch out the crystal inside.
No more go build you own lightsaber trouble, yay!

blender 2.73a
cycles

:spin:

Oh wow, those are something else.

Ohhh. Nice to see one up-close. That looks dangerous. :wink: - Reyn

Wow, nice and very vintage!

Dangerous indeed

the hilt - is it supposed to be scratched, then polished on top? Because the scratches normally would break that gloss line. Other than that, I am in love with this thing, really cool saber and blade, photographic enough to believe it is there :smiley:

I love Star Wars, and I love this image! :slight_smile: Great job!

Hey there @ForgottenWorld

Could really need some input about that ‘‘smoke’’ you’ve added in the but last image. Could you give some parameters, of the domain etc. I’m quite struggling with smoke even more with cigarette kind of smoke. Would be much appreciated, thanks buddy and keep up the good work :wink:

5 stars from me man! great renders!

Thanks guys!

@TheMoonMan: the smoke is actually added in via Photoshop. some color correction and filter to blend into the final scene

This is just… awesome :slight_smile:

Oh man! Best lightsaber renders I’ve seen! I’m very inspired now, thank you :yes:

Oh man! Best lightsaber renders I’ve seen! I’m very inspired now, thank you :slight_smile:

I gotta say, the shaders are really great, but I think the lightning is a little bit off, also a more appropriate one would make your render much more interesting.Great job.

Thanks! here is the version where it can be extended for easier two hand attack.

the extension are hidden in the mid and end section.