Gamma Cross transition problem

Hi all, I’m pretty new to Blender and I’m more interested in the video edit side.
I’ve made a few video’s up to now using the same method with no problems.
My latest video has about 8 clips and between all of them I have used a Gamma cross transition, 3 of the transitions have a problem where the clip doesn’t fade out, rather it goes from the clip to a greyish chequered board image then merges with the next clip correctly. The other Gamma transitions work fine and all the setting seem the same.
I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi,

Did you check if there are any gaps between the clips? Maybe you are a frame or two off? I’m a new user too so I can’t say much more. :slight_smile:

Hi, Thank you for your message.
There are no gaps. As far as I can tell the transitions that work are identical to the ones that don’t, setting wise.
If I grab the first clip on the right hand handle and drag it left, the chequered pattern fades away, but the clip is then too short to use. :slight_smile:

Taking another look at it,
It looks like the first clip isn’t being selected, even though it is highlighted. As I drag across the first clip into the gamma cross the image goes straight to grey chequered squares, then half way through the transition the second clip starts to emerge

I found a way around the problem. If I do a soft cut a few frames back in the clip then add a new Gamma cross it solves the issue :slight_smile: