Canyon

I wanted to test the limits of particles and here’s what I have so far.

it is soooo close to being amazing but it is just missing something… cant put my finger on it though.

More variation in the green may be interesting like darker and yelower variation in the trees for exemple. Desaturating the green or the blue as one of them is too strong, meaning you can’t have both that saturated in my opinion there are not opposit color but I think they still pop too much right now.

I never thought you can do that much with particules.

It looks flat. Perhaps it’s the one point perspective, perhaps it’s the lack of atmospheric distance, but the trees and sky beyond the cave entrance gives the impression of being painted on a huge canvas and propped up just outside the mouth of the cave.

Lighting is far to even for an outside image. If you are in the mouth of a cave or overhang then it would be much darker relative to the sky. There is very little specularity on the leaves nor translucency from backlighting. The texturing on the rocks seems to uniform and the detail is all the same size.

Nice layout though.

The story of my life, so close but it’s missing something!

I started this project to see what the limitations of particles would be as this is my first attempt at using particles. After getting a decent layout I decided to attempt to refine the scene, kind of a waste as the canyon model was flawed.

I tried to include changes based on the comments I’ve received, the result is still lacking in several areas but I did learn a lot and appreciate all the feedback.

Just started a new scene based on what I learned and will be posting some images soon.

need more work on light, is still flat image.
Work on lighting but also work on shaders, add some “god ray” can be a suggestive render, but in this case the light is very very essential
add some clouds behind the tree, can add some prospective to render.

What it’s missing is focus. It lacks something for the viewers to focus on. On your latter post jayd on the right side of the image it appears that something is sucking up all the light? Something is off in this scene :slight_smile: