Need help and mentor for finishing model and future models

I am trying my hardest to learn blender with as much patience as I can muster, but to save wasting my life going round in circles, I think I need help to fix my mistakes to get them to work and hopefully teach me along the way.
I have a project going which involves me modelling numerous animals as close to life as I can get them but at this stage with limited animation (really just to pose them correctly for what I need) but with a view of rigging them properly down the track for full animation.
Currently I have a model which is almost finished, but have reached a brick wall and cant seem to make certain aspects work. The base mesh, sculpt, re-topology, normal map and texturing have been done. What I need help with is to finish the model in Cycles :

1.   So The main body hair takes the colour from the texturemap – with the normal map applied (at present it will only display properly without the Normal Map)

2.   fixing the mesh around the front wattles (little flaps at front of neck) – you will see what I mean

3.   shape keys to open the mouth and basic rigging to make it work.  The internal mouth may need some work but as with textures I can tweak the colour myself later.

4.   I may also want to ad a bump map which I haven’t been able to successfully do (I would like to do it myself but the mesh may need to be checked to make sure I haven’t done anything to it to prevent it.

5.   and A bit of information on what I did wrong !

I am happy to tweak and add hair and adjust the texture map once it all works so do not need any extra work there done. I haven’t included blend as its 15 MB so will have to organise separately.
I can pay Paypal and would like to stick with one person for the future if the arrangement works. Thankyou