Restored Alfa spider type 2 (circa 1970) updated wheels (credit BMW 1M by MikePan)

Restored Alfa spider type 2 (circa 1970) updated wheels (credit BMW 1M by MikePan)

Updated render

great looking car. You can kind of see lines in the grass. not that it affects the car, but yea.

I owned that car, black, and I loved her; well, maybe she was not so glossy, but she had five spokes rims and large feet.

I have to say that I find something wrong in the back, maybe it should be flatter, more horizontal, maybe the back cut should be more vertical, exactly I don’t know (I’m inclined to the latter).

Good work anyway!

paolo

Good model, but I really cannot abide by modern BMW M1 alloys on a classic car, it looks really out of place! :wink:

Not the cleanest topology in the world, but here it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369912[/ATTACH]

I’m another one who is old enough to remember when these were new, although I never owned one. The modelling is very good, but I’m inclined to agree with sourvinos about the back end. It’s hard to find a good reference shot from exactly the same angle, but there are some here, here and here that are fairly close.

Decisively both the lower and the upper parts of the side are more rounded.
And the extreme part of the nose is perhaps a bit too long.

But you nailed it for the most.

paolo

Updated render, shortened the nose, rounded the sides and tweaked the back, added a rear bumper.

updated render

Sorry to be pedantic, but I still find some differences in the profile:

and the color…

paolo