Characteristics of Your Dream Food?

If you could have/invent any food, what would its characteristics be? (or drink too)
hot? cold? chewy? soft? spicy? sweet? salty? crunchy? green? etc… Whatever characteristics you would want it to have; get creative and post below!

I am still trying to decide on mine, too many conflicting opinions in my head. I’d probably go for something that is chewy, spicy, and yet somehow sweet at the same time while tasting good. Being healthy would probably be good.

chia tea carrot cake topped with vanilla greek yougurt frosting,

with a chia latte and a side of a small slice of sharp chedder and sliced apples.

For me, it would be wavy potato chips that don’t have any calories, but without any hint of sacrifice in the taste (I can eat all I want without gaining weight) :smiley:

The Batatas are the bee’s knees of the tuberous family, potatoes have no taste…
If you have never eaten them then you have missed out on something, a must…

Best pepperoni pizza that I made myself and everyone recognized as the best.

Drink:
It’s a hot and spicy drink It isn’t sweet or caffeinated but gives you a small energy kick for half-an-hour or so.
It it existed, I’d drink virtually nothing else.

Yes, I am a fan of Chai. A nice spicy chai has the flavour/texture right.

Food:
It’d be made mostly from oats and dehydrated apple. It’d have a small amount of brown sugar on the outside to add crunch. It’d be the size of a slice of bread, but because it’s oats, it’d taste better and provide more energy.
I love oats…

Other:
Interestingly I’ve found a great, uh, flavor snack thing:

• Half teaspoon of white sugar
  • quarter teaspoon of salt (preferably half a twist of rock-salt from a grinder)

I hear you saying “How does that taste good?” but I love it. It starts out sweet and then turns sweet-salt (as the sugar grains are smaller than the salt they dissolve faster). You may have to tweak the salt quantity for your brand of sugar and salt.
Alternatively you can use 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and salt granules. It’s crunchier that way and has the same flavor transition.

I hear you saying “How does that taste good?” but I love it. It starts out sweet and then turns sweet-salt (as the sugar grains are smaller than the salt they dissolve faster). You may have to tweak the salt quantity for your brand of sugar and salt.
Alternatively you can use 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and salt granules. It’s crunchier that way and has the same flavor transitio

My mom loves eating popcorn -(salty/buttery) and having a chocolate bar-(bitter sweet)

she breaks off little pieces of chocolate now and then (or used to I should say) and eats it with the popcorn.

A meat pizza! The base would be one big argentinian steak, with lots of bacon, ham, salami etc on the top! :smiley:

Characteristics, huh? :eyebrowlift:

It would have bubbles incorporated into the recipe. Air bubbles or carbonation, it doesn’t matter, either of those make whatever they are added to taste better. :yes:

Think about it: milk :no: or a milk shake :yes: ? poached egg :no: or meringue :yes: ? white wine :no: or champagne :yes: ? cream :no: or whipped cream :yes: ? hard tack :no: or pancakes :yes: ? Beer :yes: or… flat beer :no: ? Popcorn :yes: or grits :no: ? Same ingredients, except one (the one that tastes better) has bubbles. Hell, even a spinach souffle tastes better than plain steamed spinach.

So, whatever it is, figure out a way to incorporate air into the recipe. Take that spicy chai and toss it into a blender for a bit… instead of sugar with salt in it, sprinkle some salt on cotton candy… take those mashed batatas and fold in some whipped egg whites and bake until the egg sets… turn that chia tea carrot cake into a chia tea carrot sponge cake, and add some whipped cream to the greek yogurt frosting… dip the pizza toppings in tempura batter and fry them up first before you put them on the pizza…

Not really sure why it works :spin: , but things don’t go better with Coke, things go better with AIR! :yes:

I think BluePrintRandom’s cake sounds fantastic. I would eat that.

My food would probably be spicy, chewy and would possess a lot of vegetables served over rice. Hmm. Like Korean or Indian food.
My favourite drink is easy, orange juice. Sweet and sour, but tastes like fruit.

have you ever had really good curry over rice with mango chutney?

nom, nom, nom… mango chutney is the bomb! :smiley:

(ever had mango chutney and cream cheese on toast?)

I’ve never had mango chutney, though I love curry. I’ll have to try it.
Have you ever eaten Jjahangmyeon? It’s a Korean dish. I use to eat it all the time.
I eat orange marmalade with cream cheese on toast. :slight_smile: